Extra- At the Ball(Beatrice)

All the one-shots have different conclusions and structures; only the setting para is same.

Finally I was able to escape from the cliques of people talking useless things and be near the dessert table.

"I am truly exhausted," I said as I took a chocolate pastry.

"I don't even remember the count of people who asked you about Arthur," said Beatrice chuckling. "I have heard that there's a new sweet made especially for today's ball."

"We have to try that."

I was wondering what I should eat when I felt Beatrice inching closer towards me.

"What happened?" I asked looking up.

It was Beatrice's mate standing in front of us. How I wish I could just be rude and avoid him.

"I didn't think that I would meet you here," he said curtly.

"Neither did I." I smiled and returned his greeting. "Now if you could pardon us, we have to go somewhere," I said stepping away.

"Beatrice," he called a little loudly. Suddenly people turned towards us. "Would you dance with me?"

Beatrice sighed, it would be extremely rude to reject when she didn't have any partner. People were looking at us and there were already rumours going around about Beatrice being an arrogant woman who refused to be with her mate. I clutched my fists. Was he doing this for pity from people?

"My pl-"

"She already has a partner," I said holding her hand. She turned and looked at me raising her eyebrows. I just blinked and she understood.

"Who would that person be?"

"It is I."

"But woman don't dance-"

"Let the first dance of the ball begin!" Estelle declared.

"Sorry, I think we have to go," I said holding her hand moving towards the area where couple stood.

"You will have to take the lead," I mumbled. She was the one who taught me waltz and thus she knew both parts.

She nodded and we both found ourselves on the centre of the floor. Several people were looking at us but it didn't matter. I kept my hand on her shoulder and she kept her hand on my waist. The music began.

"Isn't this your favourite piece?" I asked.

This was among the songs at which we had practiced. I remembered her eager face whenever this song began.

"How do you know?" she asked pulling me closer.

"I can read you like you read me," I whispered.

We both smiled looking at each other. She turned me around. The tension in our bodies eased, we were dancing just like we were practicing, all alone without a care in the world.

"Our shadows entangle,
I can only see your silhouette,
The hall lit by a hundred candles,
But it is I, who burns the most.
To look you in the eye, this unrest.
I feel your breath,
Your hand warms my cold skin,
We take the last step,
Once again my feelings are unsaid."

I whispered the first line near her ear, to my surprise she spoke the next. We sang to each other and the music came to an end.

"Should we go back?" she asked.

"I have a better idea, follow me."

I had seen this area when I was in the palace before and I knew the way to the kitchen. We walked down the stairs and I asked her to wait near the garden. There was sitting area there among the roses, Estelle had once called me there to meet over a tea.