Chapter 22- Mr. Summers

Mr. Summers

Colten warned me to be careful at school today. He didn’t say why and he didn’t talk much. I couldn’t figure out if he was mad at me or just being cautious from when I was upset the other day.

As we pulled into the parking lot of the school I had this bad vibe running chills through my body.

“You guys feel that?’ I asked as we stepped out the car.

“Yea” Ezra and Eli answered together.

“It’s coming soon. She’s back.” I told them. I could smell her all over the parking lot.

“She has others. We all stay close today.” Ezra ordered. Eli nodded his head in agreement as he took my hand.

I jumped back as Colten and some other Soul appeared before me. It was the guy with the black hair from the restaurant.

“Hey Ezra, Brook we will meet you guys in there. I need to speak to Eli.” I said awkwardly. Ezra nodded and told Brook let’s go as he pulled her off in a hurry.

“Colten what’s going on? You never appear at school.” I asked him when they were out of hearing range. Eli was looking at me strange but he didn’t say anything.

“Addi this is Jorgie. He is a body possessor.”’

“Body possessor?” I questioned. Eli’s eyes widened.

“Yes. He is going to be with you today in this realm. He is here to protect you.”

“Protect me? Colten what is going on?”

He put his hand up. “Please I can’t tell you everything, but you are not to speak to him. There are others here and they will be watching very closely. don’t even look at him. If he needs to speak to you he will do it just like I do. Be aware if you are asked to go to the principal. If anyone tries anything Jorgie will step in and you gotta get around people as fast as possible. If you listen to me the day may just be ok.”

I didn’t want to ask anything. I was kinda scared of what he just said.

“I have to go, cause your already late and soon they will wonder around. If worse comes to worse cross realms out of human eyes.”

I nodded.

When Colten was gone I turned to look at Eli.

“What just happened?” he asked me.

I sighed. My voice wouldn’t get higher than a whisper “He is leaving a body possessor to protect me. Ezra was right she brought others. He said be aware if I am called to the principal’s office. Eli they might try to attack to me.”

His grip got tighter and his eyes turned black.

“Lets go inside. We cant talk about this here.”

I pulled on him to move and dragged him across the parking lot. He went back to normal right before we entered the school. As we got closer to our classroom door the stench of Olivia was so strong. There was two unfamiliar scents lingering as well. That was them. I opened the door and there was a male and female sitting in our seats.

“It’s about time you two joined us. I had to give your seats away. We have two more new students, you two can sit at the computers until I get some more desks brought in.” Miss Hoffman greeted us.

We nodded and made our way over to the only chairs left. Not like I would do any work with all the tension in this room. Olivia had a smile on her face like we were defeated. The other two paid no attention to us. Brook sat behind one of them making it horribly obvious she was trying too hard not to be nervous. Jorgie stood next to me and acted like he was paying attention to the teacher.