Chapter 4- Ezra you Bastard!

Ezra you bastard!

That's it we were so dead now! I don't know what Brook was thinking but she screamed and lunged at Ezra and started trying to choke him. They both fell to the floor my jaw dropped but I didn't try to stop her.  

"Brook!" Ezra yelled, I realized what she was saying 'ima kill you before you kill us' "Brook!" he yelled again "I'm not gonna kill you!" she didn't stop though.  

"Brook!" I yelled she wasn't listening though. Eli went over to grab her then I screamed "NO! Don't you touch her!" I ran over and jumped in front of him.  

"Eli I'm fine just leave her, she needs to let it out." Ezra just sat there letting her try to choke him she went from choking to hitting him and screaming you lying piece of shit. I stood there I wasn't scared though, I couldn't understand it Ezra could be a demon and I still felt safe with him. Eli though still confused me. I was tired of waiting I wanted explanations.  

"Brook! Come on it's time to listen now." I said trying to pull her off of him. She stopped and I dragged her off and she stood up. "Brook let's see what Ezra has to say."  

"Thanks Addi." Ezra said.  

"I'm not saying it for your sake I'm saying it for ours mostly Brooks." I said nastily to him.  

"Fair enough where should I start Brook?"  

"Start with him." she said looking at Eli.  

"He has been my friend for., years, he got into some trouble with other vampires and came to stay here for a while he's like family. My real family died years ago. I'm sorry I lied to you guys but what was I supposed to say oh yea by the way I'm a vampire? It doesn't really fit in."  

"How about hey I drink blood to survive so stir clear I might kill you one day." Brook said.  

"Brook I would never kill you guys I love you guys! But that's not something you tell people. Why were you following Eli anyways?"  

"Cause I wanted to know what was going on you lie so much, then you bring him and you just never make sense I mean WTF."  

I sat down and she sat next to me no space between us. Ezra and Eli sat on the other couch.  

"Ok well I got good reason for lying I can't just go around saying I kill people to survive that doesn't sit well with people."  

"you kill people? Like everyday? Innocent people?" Brook asked I'd forgotten about the whole killing people thing I couldn't see Ezra doing what I just saw Eli doing.  

"Well not everyday just every few days, I mean try to go for the drug dealers and hookers no one will miss so much, I don't like it but what else am I supposed to do, I gotta stay well feed to control myself around school I mean some people smell really appetizing."  

"Fine i guess, how old are you really, both of you?"  

"Um you sure you wanna know that?"  

"Yes" Brook said sharply.  

"ok I am 115 years old and Eli is 103."  

Our jaws dropped and picked up I had nothing to say.  

"Can you give his a minute?" Brook asked standing up,Ezra shook his head and I stood up with her and followed to the room. I closed the door and Brook started crying in my arms holding her hands to her face.  

"You still like him?" I asked her, I've never seen Brook cry but I could see she was upset cause this didn't scare her feelings away.  

She shook her head no "No Addi I'm in love with that freak!" she cried "I wanna hate him but I can't even if he does kill people. I'm just more mad that he lied to me I don't care if he was big foot." Brook in love...with Ezra? Brook never fell in love ever I just wrapped my arms around my best friend and let her cry it out.