Chapter 6- Eli in Love (Eli's POV)

Eli in Love (Eli POV) 

Ezra had already gotten on me about the girls finding out the way they did. Yea sure I felt bad they saw what they did but truth is they shouldn't have been following me. I got up and followed him outside; outside was becoming the new thing. I sighed as we went outside. 

"Eli why did you do that?" was the first thing he asked.

"I just wanted to make them happy ok. I screwed up enough." 

"Remember Niko? He tried it too. It didn't go well did it." 

"Ezra he was new to this life, he had no restraint. We do it's been over a hundred years it won't hurt to try. Don't you hate having to kill people." 

"Yes I do but I dealt with my fate a long time ago and have come to accpect it." 

I wish we had never met Niko. He tried the whole vegetarian thing and failed horribly. He was new only weeks old and his thirst became more difficult to deal with. He was living in Texas and almost exposed himself because he urged to kill everyone in school. Turns out he ended up killing his two best friends while they hung out at his house. Ezra would be beside himself if he did that to Addi and Brook especially since they hung around all the time. I would too, but I trusted or urges not to kill them. 

"But what if we could be different Ezra would it be so bad? I know you worry about them, but if you feel you can't take it I will take you elsewhere to hunt." 

He sighed and stood there thinking "We'll try it and see how it goes...for them." he gave in. 

I turned to walk back in but he stopped me. "What happened with Addi? She never stays in bed all day like this." 

Oh that's right I forgot to tell him about that "Well I kissed her. She kissed back and then freaked out and that's it." 

He sighed again "Eli I don't know if I should tell her. I mean are you sure?" he asked me. 

"Infallible love." I said staring at the sky "Right now she's confused, but normal. She may feel the same one day she may not. You never know with humans and vampires. Their emotions are so unreliable. But my mind is pretty much set Ezra. There's no turning back." 

I wish I could explain this feeling to him I was sure about Addi I have never been this sure of anything in all my years. If I could drool over her I would, if my heart could beat faster it would. I was in love with her, and I hoped soon she would be in love with me too. When vampires fell in love with humans and the humans heart went for another it usually didn't end well for the vampire. They almost always provoked some kind of war to ensure their own death. Others were either changed or lived out their human life and then the vampire found the means to live or die. Now I understood why. This didn't happen all too often though just enough for the stories to get around. 

"If your sure I'll tell her about it when the the time is right." he said.

I nodded "E can you take back your deal with them about changing them. They have no idea what they are asking for." 

"I know but these two always stand by what they say. They will not give up, so i figure give them time hanging around us with no secrets they may change their minds and if not I guess it's what they really want." 

Of course he'd give into them they were his weak spot, but I guess I could win in this situation as well if Addi did feel the same for me sooner or later. Maybe I should talk to her, I did go kind of far last night, to her at least. To me it didn't seem far enough to make her understand what was going on with me. We went back inside and Brook was on the couch watching tv. 

"Addi is waiting for you. She's not mad, I don't think." Brook said 

Part of me hoped she was talking to me. "Me?" Ezra said pointing to himself. 

"Yea duh" 

Ezra went to the room and I heard the door close. I sat at the opposite end of the couch, she didn't seem to like me that much so I kept my distance. I knew she didn't play around. 

"Is she ok?" I asked 

"Yea she's just wondering why E is all bothered about her suggestion and you were ok with it." 

" I see. I didn't get to tell you this but I'm sorry for what you guys saw last night. Even if my apologies mean nothing to you." 

" It's ok. You don't have to apologize it was my idea to follow you. If anything Addi was taking it harder she almost vomited when she thought you guys were gonna have sex. When you kissed the fat hooker her face went pale. I think she actually felt better you killed instead of doing her." she paused I had nothing to say "Eli I don't hate you I guess. Stirring clear of you is more of a habit this past week. Sticking up for Addi was so boss and I should be trying to know you better. Truth is your not that bad and I wish you would have killed Mason jerk face. Your good in my book though just be careful with her heart, cause then I'll become a vampire just to kill you ok." 

She was possibly the funniest girl I've ever met, she needed soap in her mouth but the way she said things was just too hysterical. 

"I'd never do that, but it's a deal, I'll let you kill me." I laughed

"So who told you what?" I asked 

"Both. Ezra told me about your little vampire thing and Addi told me about the kiss. Piece of advice you should try again I don't think she'll run away this time."