Chapter 17- Colten

Colten

I wasnt used to being ready on time for school, but I had nothing better to do. There was so many vampires around it was hard to get a minutes with Eli and Brook slept and Ezra laid wither her. Rachel stayed close to her friends and if I was desperate enough to talk to Colin he was sleeping. Only thing left to do was spend hours going though my wardrobe finding clothes for school. I still refused to match even though my clothes were perfectly capable of doing so. I decided to wear a blue and white polka dot school girl style skirt, dark green knee high socks, a red button down and a little black tie. For shoes... black converse of course.

By the time I was dressed Brook was still sleeping so I stood in front of the mirror playing with my hair. If this is how it was going to be everyday then this vampire thing was going to get boring real fast.

We almost missed first period entirely. Brook woke up when we were supposed to be at school already. Olivia wasn't in class. I was happy to not see her but this made me wonder... was he here yet?

I was ready to walk out of class to find out, but I knew I was obligated to stay if I wanted to continue with my living situation. We all took our usual seats but I had a funny feeling about Olivia not being here. I think I may have been over reacting cause no one else seemed to notice she wasn't there.

There were only minutes left so I let go of the fact she wasnt here and tried to enjoy it for once. Half the periods had went by without incident. No Olivia, no platinum haired guy, or the other one. It was how it was before Olivia ever came. We were leaving the cafeteria and I headed off to class alone. For once I felt safe being alone and told Eli not to worry for a change.

"Gees I thought i'd never get to see you alone." I heard someone say, but the voice sounded like it was in my head more than the real world. I turned around to see who it was. It was the platinum haired glowing guy. I stood there for a moment. I couldn't believe he was actually here!

"I'm sorry?" I say to him.

He smiled "Your always around people. I can never talk to you." he said but his lips weren't moving. His voice was loud and clear in my head.

"How do you do that?" I asked him.

"Do what?" again he continued to smile and his lips weren't moving.

"Throw your voice."

he squinted his eyes like he was confused and just shrugged his shoulders and started walking, I didn't move and he stopped.

"Are you coming? Your going to be late."

I thought for a second and started walking with him.

"I'm Colten by the way."

I nodded "Good to know, I'm -"

"Oh I know who you are Addison, I've been waiting for you."

I stopped. He has been waiting for me? "What?"

"Addison? What-" he turned around and looked past me "Gotta go"

"What do you mean? Don't leave yet."

"Addi!" Eli yelled from behind me then touched my shoulder a few seconds later. I turned to look at him and when I looked back Colten was gone. "Addi who are you talking to?"

"What do you mean?" that was a stupid question, there was no chance he missed Colten that time.

"You were talking... to yourself just now, were you not?"

"Uh... no I wasn't" I wasnt sure which one I meant, no I wasnt talking to anyone... or no I wasnt talking to myself. There was someone there. I kept my mouth shut. I still wasnt sure what I was missing. Something was clearly off about Colten.