Chapter 21- Understanding

My mind had been thinking about what to do for almost two weeks. I have been splitting time between Eli and Colten, both have been showing me different techniques for battle. I was more than grateful but I couldn’t see myself winning a battle with an experienced vampire. I know some how I was supposed to win this but nothing would make it make sense to me. All I could do is give it my best and keep trying.

Eli was trying his hardest not to let it show he was bothered. He was terrible at it but he just wasn’t the same and I could imagine why. I had a harder time justifying  all my absences. Ezra always backed me up but I knew Eli wouldn’t stand for it much longer. He had been more than reasonable. I think now I was coming off as cheating. I didn’t consider my time with Colten cheating, I mean yea I loved him the way I loved Eli but nothing ever happened between us. I did feel bad being around Colten cause I always had this urge to make something happen.

I needed some time with my best friend again. I just couldn’t see her understanding it. I was letting myself get away again. My heart wasn’t as close to my friends as it used to be. It was almost like there wasn’t enough  space since Colten came into the picture.

I consulted with Colten and invited Brook out for a day on the square (aka the only fun thing in Ocala). I didn’t tell her anything since Colten said it wasn’t the right time. I manipulated our way into a club at night and we danced until she was tired. This was very different from what we usually do, but we both agreed with all the things happening, different was better. I missed Brook so much and it took the day out to see it. I could see how different she was. She missed me too. I hadn’t noticed how much it effected her that I was so distant and different. Ever since I became a vampire our relationship changed so rapidly. This was my fault. I should have told her, but I knew things were supposed to happen this way because I turned out to be the Soul Seer.

“Don’t worry Addi you guys will be like you once were after this is over. I’m sure of it.” Colten whispered  in my head as I drove home. I wanted to ask how he knew if he couldn’t see past the day of the battle, but  I had to save it for later.

The next night I stared out the window of the house into the dark woods that surrounded us. Colten kept going over everything  he taught me in my head so it would stay fresh in my head. Listening to him now was like a second nature. I didn’t need to think about it I just trusted  his voice in my head. I missed them both. Something  just wasn’t right about all this, something was missing. There was no way I could chose one life over the other. There was just something inside me telling me there was more to this than I am seeing now. The both of them some how fit into my life perfectly. I just wasn’t meant to know how yet, and neither was Colten cause is mind kept kicking him out every time he tried to find out.

 I felt arms wrap around my waist  and instantly I closed my eyes.

“Don’t say it Addi.” Colten said in my head.

My eyes shot open cause I felt the urge to say his name out loud, but the second Eli pulled me closer to him that urge was gone. With Colten constantly in my head its hard to remember who I am around.

“Addi” Eli whispered in my ear.

I turned around to look at him and wondered  how I was ever supposed to break his heart. He made me, I love him. Ever since the first day we met there was something there, there was no way fate expected me to let him go.

“Can we go for a walk? I need to talk to you about a few things.”

I nodded, still afraid of what my mouth say if I opened it.

“Just tell him the truth to everything he asks. This is the right time.” Colten told me.

Great this was going to be wonderful. But he knew what he was talking about so when he asked I would tell him everything he needed to know.