Chapter 16- Losing it

Losing it

It was time to return back to the other half of reality... school. Me and Brook still had to attend everyday, so we all went together. It was nice having two weeks without having to see Olivia. I couldn't wait to see her face when she saw me. I went through my closet and the perfect outfit stood out... strips! Black and white stripped long sleeve shirt, with black shorts. Knee high stripped socks and black high tops. I actually intentionally matched today. I for once was ready on time for school but Brook was the one who made us late today. My 'parents' seemed excited about seeing me off to school for the first time. It frustrated me so I told them to get over it and back off. I knew I was harsh but I couldn't take them trying to act like they cared for me the past sixteen years, when they really hadn't. I kinda felt bad when Rachel began to sob as she ran to the bathroom to not cry a tear. Colin I could tell had enough of with my attitude and gave me a disappointed look. I gave a remorseful look at him and followed Rachel to the bathroom.  

"I'm sorry." I told her after I closed the door behind me.  

She shook her head "No, don't be. You're right. I'm upset at myself. You have every right to be upset and unaccepting of us. I just hoped if we came to you, we could at least be friends. I know I don't deserve your love, but I love you so much and I just have to remember you spent your life not knowing us and probably hate us. I'm sorry Addison, I really am. I wish things were different, but I just cant get over that I'm here with my little girl after so many years. I just love seeing you and knowing your ok."  

Great I couldn't tell her I spent the last six years pretending they were dead. I'd have to find something nice to say to her.  

"Rachel... I will admit, I am upset... very upset, but I guess I may be laying it on kind of thick. Maybe I have felt like you two just want me to accept you with open arms, like I didnt have two people who have raised me. The friends thing I am willing to try but parents.... I'm just not ready to accept. That will take a lot of time."  

Rachel stopped sobbing, thank God, and smiled softly at me. Ah I guess she seemed nice enough. I'd have to give her a chance.

We pulled into the school parking lot, class had started fifteen minutes ago. I was kind of... curious to see if my change was noticeable. The second I walked into class I found my answer. Ms. Hoffman gave the normal look then did a double take and ignored whatever she was thinking and continued writing on the board. But Olivia's reaction, oh I would have paid to see that over and over. She went still at the sight of me. Her eyes widened and she gasped. She so wasn't expecting this and I loved that. She couldn't toss me around anymore or hurt me so easily. I felt so superior for that moment. I couldn't help but smile and wink at her from the front of the class. I just wanted to jump across the room and take her down right there. I felt my eyes change as the vicious thought crossed my mind. Her eyes changed too and I noticed her pen explode in her hand.  

"Oh Elfin will love this." I heard her whisper.  

"Good cant wait to see him." I whispered back to her. I wondered how much crap she talked while I was human. I heard whispers from around the class, they were as if they were speaking right into my ear.  

"Is that Addison?" one boy asked another.  

"She looks like a freaking Goddess." another said.  

"Yea she looks different but hotter." another said back to him.  

Ugh boys! They choose now to notice me, I'm glad I wanted nothing to do with them. I began to stare at the back of Eli's head. I wish I could have slept, class was so boring. Even though I wasnt paying attention I could still hear and absorb everything the teacher was saying. It was all useless.