Chapter 14- Vacation

Vacation

Eli had been on the phone every night for over a week while I slept. He waited until I was asleep but I could hear him while I tossed in and out of sleep. Brook was sleeping over more often since I moved in, after Eli informed Ezra about Olivia sitting outside my window he grew more concerned for Brook. I was worried for her too but it seemed she only had it out for me. Luckily no more incidents had occurred, Eli and Ezra wouldn't leave us alone for a second. They even stood by the bathroom in school and made sure no one came in. it was the last day of school and in two days was Christmas. It used to be my favorite but now all I did was worry for my freaking life, and watch my back every moment it was turned. My mind never rested. I promised G-ma and Jenkins I'd spend Christmas with them since they already bought gifts for me. I kind of felt guilty for leaving them alone, but clearly I wasn't safe there and they wouldn't be safe with me there.

Eli and I had a plan we have been discussing as often as possible while we were alone. After Christmas day Ezra and Brook had their first official date, while they were gone we would go ahead and change me. Obviously they wouldn't be gone long enough for the process to complete but long enough for to start it and not take it back. He'd ask me over and over if I was sure and that he didn't want me to feel pressured, but I didn't. With all the continuous conversation about it and upcoming danger I just wanted it more and more. Spending more than a lifetime with Eli was just a huge bonus. By the time New Years day came it would be complete and I'd be ready to met the other vampires that were coming that day. Eli and Ezra said a fight was guaranteed and they needed everyone they knew on their side.

Apparently Elfin was a big deal in the vampire world, he made a name for himself for being a vicious fighter and killer, he lived more by the traditional idea of a vampire. Everyone wanted a piece of him, but no one could ever find him, as he has many on his side.

I fell asleep think about my last few days as a human. I only had two people who would notice my absence but I had that covered.

* * * *

It was Christmas morning, I took a deep breathe and prepared myself for my last day as a human. Brook was still sleeping and Eli sat on the floor staring at the TV. He hadn't left my side for a second.

"Good morning, happy Christmas." Eli said to me as I sat up.

"Good morning," I smiled "Merry Christmas."

He stood up and kissed me and I got up to go shower, they were expecting us all early. I hadn't introduced Eli as my boyfriend yet but I planned to today, they though he lived on the other side of town. I showered brushed my teeth and put my hair in a ponytail. My outfit already hung in my closet ready to wear, a long sleeved red dress just above my knees with green stocking and red pumps. Christmas was the one day a year I allowed myself to wear high heels, Brook did it with me. Eli turned and looked at me when I was completely ready (jewelry and all) and his jaw dropped.

"Your glowing," he said "You look amazing." He batted his eyes and shook. If he was this impressed with high heels and jewelry maybe I should do it more often... no I wouldn't my step in my heels remained why, I almost fell over but caught myself "Thanks" I smiled trying to play off the fact I almost fell on my face. We left in the next half hour, me and Brook with dresses and high heels and the boys in jeans and button downs. I felt odd ringing the doorbell to what I still felt like was my home, but did it as we all waited. I quickly grabbed Eli's hand before they opened the door, I saw his mouth turn up into a smile.

"Merry Christmas!" G-ma answered the door hugging me.

"Merry Christmas" I said "You remember Eli right?" I asked holding our hands up. She tilted her head to the side with a slight smile.