Chapter 19- Realms

Realms

Ezra had introduced the idea of having more of our kind to come help. Once he told the others he was sure Elfin was creating new vampires other didn't oppose the idea of getting more experienced fighters on our side. I was happy he didn't have to go as far as saying we saw Olivia or anything to do with her.

i began to value my school time more as it was the only time i could spend with Eli. With so many open ears I felt there was no such thing as a private moment. I just wanted this all over so things could be some what normal again. Olivia didn't return to school which only confirmed what Colten said. He spoke to me more and more, but in my head. It was hard not answer him out loud. After a week of his constant chatter it was easier to just pass his words off as a second conscience. All day in school he made fun if everyone from their hair to their clothes. At home he told me everything he knew about the vampires in the house. I never answered back I just listened. I knew he was there but invisible or whatever it was.  

Every now and then through out the week Ezra would ask about Colten and if he knew anything he should know. There were things here and there about Olivia or Elfin or who would decline the offer to come help.

I was holding off on feeding for about a week, which wasn't easy. I didn't want to go with the others but I was also kind of nervous about seeing Colten. his constant babbling in my head just made me yearn for his presence more. But the every time i looked at Eli or felt his touch my world leveled our again, and my brain functioned properly.

I went off into the woods alone for a hunt and trying to think of what to ask Colten. Before I could finish thinking he showed up right in front of me.  

"Miss me?" he asked with a huge smile on his face.  

"No" I lied "but i think i have some questions."  

"Ok liar go for it."  

"Ok when your talking to me non stop can you hear my thoughts?"  

He laughed "No Addi, I can't but i can see your reactions."  

"How long have you been dead?"  

He sighed "A long time almost three hundred years. Maybe more I lose track sometimes. I don't even remember my birthday anymore."  

That's kind of sad but after so many years I'd probably forget too.  

"So... you have been waiting for me for how long?"  

Again he sighed "I told you about two hundred years just for your birth. I have been following your family line ever since I had the vision of you and me right here in this very forest. Your eyes is what told the story. They glared at me so passionately. If I had a heart it would be broken when I realized it was only a vision."  

"And it still hasn't changed?"  

"Not to this moment. I still see it."  

I felt bad that he waited around so long for a vision of me solely based on my eye language. As strange as he made me feel i knew he was wrong there was no way I'd ever be in love with him. But he's been falling in love with the idea of me for hundreds of years.  

"Your not ready yet. I'll tell you more later when you understand better."  

I nodded, I had to agree. All he did was confuse me even more with his little stories.  

"It's ok Addi it won't be long til you understand. Anything else you want to know?"  

I thought for a minute. I could ask about Eli and Ezra and what they did before we meet them. There was something else though that tugged at the back of my mind... my parents. I don't know what expression my face had but Colten read it to the tee.  

"Addi, it's ok to ask about your parents. I watched them since their birth and I watch them now and the way they stare at you."  

There was something about the way he spoke of them. I felt like all my pain of not having them and wondering about them and fantasizing about them. The way they looked and how my mom's hair smelled. The their abrupt appearance in my life. I felt like crying, but I couldn't. Never.  

"Addi they cherished you from the moment they knew. But by the time you came they had nothing. No jobs, no money and nothing for you. Your father had lost his jobs months before. They felt the only thing they could do good for you was give you to a family to a family that could take care of you. Believe me if you would have stayed you would have been dead a long time ago. But giving you up... your mother hardly ever stopped crying. Your father didn't know how to make her stop."  

I felt like a human again. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I sat on the ground as I took in the answer to the question I vowed to never ask. For some reason to me it was a big deal to never know. I felt like I just defied myself.

Colten knelt down beside me "Addi I know you have been against knowing but it's time to grow up a little bit. This will help you understand them a little bit better. I would have told you either way." I kept my head down. I didn't want him to see my quiet sobs. "Addi please get up, I want to show you something."  

He stood up and waited for me to get over myself and stand up. I took a moment and stood up.  

"What?" I said quietly.  

"I'm going to show you a way we can actually meet and you can also get away from everyone."  

I gave him a puzzled look.  

"Ok" he said excited "all you have to do is walk through me."  

I looked at him like he lost it.  

"Addi come on just do it."  

He looked serious enough and excited at the same time. So I took a deep breath and started walking toward him. Just before I walked through him I shut my eyes. Passing through I didn't feel a thing except chills through out my already frozen body.  

When I opened my eyes I was still in the forest, but there was something off about it.  

"Colten, what's going on?" I asked as I turned to look at him. His glow was gone, he looked as normal as ever. He was... beautiful. I was so taken but my first real look at him.  

"Addi, you entered my realm." he said walking up to me, as he did so he put his hand up. "I can actually touch you now." He smiled, but this one was different. It was special. It was my eyes... his vision. This was it.  

"You can?" I asked.  

"Yea. Try it." I put my hand up but hesitated before I actually put our palms together. He was solid. He laced our fingers together and with his other hand he touched my cheek and pushed my hair behind my ear.  

"This is your vision, isn't it?" I whispered as I stared deeper into his eyes.  

He nodded. "So what do you think?" he asked as he slowly rubbed his thumb on my cheek. I closed my eyes taking in the feel of his skin.  

Without thinking I answered "I think your beautiful." I opened my eyes quickly and he was smiling.  

"Believe me, I'm nothing compared to you."  

I felt shy for a second but didn't move.  

"You can come here anytime you want. It doesn't always have to be me you pass through."  

I put my hand on his "Is this the only place we can touch?"  

He nodded with sad eyes. I could tell he wanted what he told me about us being together to be so true.  

Only now was I beginning to understand what he meant about soon I will understand what he is talking about. I stood there silently drinking in his touch as I stared into his eyes. I was falling for him one way for the other sometime soon.

*******************************************

I knwo this one is kind of short but I was in a zone and felt this was where i wanted to end this chapter. now i gotta see what i have in my brain for the next chapter