Chapter 15- Blindsided

Blindsided

I rang the door bell and waited "Come in" Jenkins shouted so we walked right in. G-ma looked boarder line depressed and Jenkins was worried. There was a couple sitting at the table with them. The woman looked young and had the same color and texture hair as me. The man had the same kind of eyes I did, shaped and colored exactly like mine.  

"Hey guys what's wrong?" I said coming into the kitchen. G-ma and Jenkins did a double take and looked at each other.  

"Addison?" they asked  

"Yes? What's going on? Who are they?" I took a closer look at the couple, the woman, her skin, her hair, her eyes, she was a vampire! I immediately grabbed Ezra and pulled him next to me, he looked them over and held onto my arm tighter.  

"Addison, honey this is Rachel and Colin, they came to see you."  

I looked between them, it registered who these people were I'd seen my birth certificate many times.  

"Lucas?" I asked  

They nodded.  

"Can I see your ID's please." I wasn't about to be tricked by a vampire and her human.  

"Addison!" G-man said.  

"No, no its OK. Its understandable, you don't want to be hoodwinked." Rachel said and reached in her bag pulling out her wallet and the man did the same.  

Rachel Lee Lucas and Colin Lucas  

"OK great your my birth parents, I'm leaving now." I tossed them back their licenses and turned towards the door.  

I looked at Brook and rolled my eyes. I couldn't believe she wouldn't tell me this!  

"Addison wait!" G-ma shouted chasing after me.  

"No Lisa No! How could you! You completely blindsided me, you too Brook. You guys could have at least warned me. How do you know they are who they say they are!"  

G-ma sighed, I didn't even let her answer I just walked outside.  

"I'll talk to her" I heard Ezra say as he followed me outside.  

"Addi, I know what your thinking, but you could be wrong. I mean think about it, do you think they would forge whatever documents just to get licenses to trick you. Just listen to them see what they say, you don't know her story."  

"Either way I don't care, their not my parents, Lisa and Jenkins are, they didn't care enough to keep me, so I don't care enough to meet them."  

"Look Addi I understand your upset and you have every right to be, but 10 minutes, give them 10 minutes in private, I'll be listening is you don't want to see them again I'll take you home and never return here."  

I sighed I didn't want to give them any of my time but Ezra had a point, about the documents, I was curious as to why they showed up now and why this woman claiming to be my mother was a vampire. I couldn't say much I just became on myself maybe she was surprised to see that I was one. I didn't want to be taken away though, I didn't want to leave with these people if they really were my parents my documents were supposed to be sealed. I guess if anything I could question them and then leave and never see them again.  

"Ok fine, but stay out here with me, I don't trust them, so dont leave me alone with them. It can still be a trick."  

"Ok done" Ezra went inside and asked "my parents" to come speak to me outside. I really hated this why now? I was already having enough problems without them. They stepped out on to the porch and I motioned them to follow me to the driveway.