Chapter 9- Vegetarian Hunt

Vegetarian Hunt

Ezra POV

Where were they? The sun was getting ready set and I was starving. We agreed to try the vegetarian thing tonight the only thing close by was horses cows, deer and maybe some bobcats. I was kind of nervous this wouldn't workout, in a way I did hope it would just because it's a better way, and if I did end up changing Addi and Brook they wouldn't have to kill people as well, that's if this worked out. I started pacing the living room, my thirst wasn't the easiest thing to control. I didn't know what to do about Addi and Eli, I don't know what I would do to him if he ended up doing something to her. She reminded me of the sister I once had so many years ago.

My family, I missed them, that was probably the hardest part leaving my family behind after a while and attending their funeral in the background unseen. They thought they wanted this, but after not being able to see your family any more you'd give anything to have your old life back and be next go them and have a normal school day where you dont feel like killing someone because they smell nice.

My last memory of Noelle was a good one, she was chasing me out the house as I left to a friends for the night.

"When are you coming back?" she had asked me in her sweet voice.

"Tomorrow afternoon then we will go to the river, promise." I told her before I left. She resembled Addi so much, strawberry blonde hair, similar cheek bones, but she had my blue eyes. She was only 10 when I last saw her.

That night I never came back, just to change itself took enough time for me to be declared missing or dead. It would have killed me to see her face when I never came back.

I pulled out my phone and called Eli. It rang more than 4 times which wasn't normal, but then

"Hello" he answered

"Hey where the hell are you guys? I'm starving!"

"Sorry I need at least 40 minutes to get back, I'm coming. I lost track of day."

"Ok" I told him and hung up. I just continued pacing the living room waiting.

Addi POV

We continued kissing not bothering to come up for air until the sun was setting and Eli 's phone rang. He pulled himself off of me and dug in his pockets for his phone.

"hello" he answered. I knew it had to be Ezra he talked about hunting today.

"Sorry I need at least 40 minutes to get back, I'm coming. I lost track of day." he said and hung up the phone. " That was Ezra, we have to go, he is getting impatient." Eli said getting off the ground and giving his hand to pull me up.

"Yea I had a feeling that was him." I smiled. I dusted off and got myself ready for the walk back.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into a kiss once more, until he pulled away and shook his head with a smirk. I got a little self conscience, was it a good shake or a bad one?

"What's the matter?" I asked

"Temptation" he said "It's almost repulsive. I have to feed before kissing you again." he smiled.

We walked back to the car, the walk seemed shorter than before, but he made up for it by driving back slowly. He held my hand while shifting gears, I just stared out the window. Tonight they were trying the vegetarian thing, I hoped it worked out, it would better in the long run if it did. If me and Brook go through with this we hopefully wouldn't have to kill people as well. I suddenly had a moment in my head, it was like a flash into the future, me and Eli were in the car driving home hand in hand, I felt this free feeling, and I was like him.