Chapter 18- Soul Seer

Soul Seer

I don't think i have ever been so damn confused in my life. I didn't even know if I was lying. I completely forgot my purpose for being there, I just wanted to know what the hell was going on. I wasn't sure weather or not to talk to Colten cause I wasn't sure if he was real or not.

"Addi?" he asked.

I just looked at him.

His face softened as he took in my expression. "Addi speak to me. Its ok no one is here now." he said softly.

In my head I was debating weather or not to talk to him. Should thine things he said matter or were they total bull cause he might not even be real. I took a few deep breathes. He looked so real except for his glow but I barely noticed it anymore.

"Addi come on. I didn't wait so long for you just so you can ignore me."

There! He said it again!

"What are you talking about?" he squinted his eyes in confusion " that's the second time you said you were waiting for me."

"I know and?"

"What does that mean? What is going on?"

He stood there pretending to bit his nails. "You don't know yet do you?" he said. I wasn't sure if he was asking me or himself.

"Know what! I don't know anything! Are you even real!"

He laughed "Of course I'm real. You see don't you."

"And it seems only I can!"

"Ok, ok I don't wanna ruin anything so I will tell you what to do and when you do it I'll visit you again."

"What? Just tell me! Do you have any idea how confused I am!"

"Yes Addi" he said calmly and appeared right in front of me "and everything will be fine... trust me. This is a good thing you will see." there was something in his tone it was so promising so solid. I actually believed him.

"What do I need to do?" I said quietly.

"Go to Ezra, but make sure no one is around. Take him back here if you have to, no Eli, no Brook, no one. Ask him what does he know about Soul Seers. He is clearly gonna think you are one and that's fine. But no one else is ready to know anything. Don't worry I'll tell you when they are."

Soul Seer? What the hell does that mean? I had no idea who Colten was but I had this urge to do what he said. I had this unexplainable trust with him.

"Why cant you just tell me?"

"Because I'm not meant to tell you. I'll be back though."

"Where do you always come from?"

"Look no questions please. Just do it." he said and started walking away. But.... I didn't want him to go.

"Wait!" I stopped him "Come with me."

"Nah I'll be back." he smiled as he took in my expression "Don't worry I'm not leaving you. Your already starting to feel it. We're gonna be together." he smirked and disappeared in thin air.

Absolutely everything about the last half hour of my life confused me so I just ran. Apparently there were things I needed to know and that was the only thing I could do without too much thinking. As I ran there was a voice in my head "Feed Addi. Feed first then go." it was Colten's voice... in my head.

Weather it was his voice or mine I had to listen, that was my purpose for my visit to the forest.

After I got something in my system I went home. It seemed Eli did notice I was missing and asked what happened and the whole nine yards. I didn't tell him about Olivia because then I would have to get into details and I would never be alone to find out what Colten knew that I didn't. After talking to Eli for a little bit and reassuring him I was fine and just went for a hunt, I found Ezra. He was sitting on the bed while Brook slept.