Chapter 8- The Truth

The Truth

The last bell rang, school was over, now would be a good time to have joined after school activities but noooo I didn't do it cause I rather hang out with my friends. I walked out of the building and the first person I saw was Austin, she was surrounded by a bunch guys, my guess seeing if she is ok, bunch of suck ups! I walked past and hoped my presence was noticed, it so was they all glared at me and I flashed a smile. That was about the highlight of my day so far I didn't want to go home, I should start another fight, but then I'd get suspended again on top of my 5 days.

"Hey Addi!" Brook yelled "Get your ass over here we are waiting to leave this dump!" I smiled and shook my head and walked a little bit faster towards them, of course they were all there. I avoided eye contact with Eli as much as possible but it was hard cause all he did was stare at me.

"Hey guys lets go!" I exclaimed when I got over there. "Austin and her groupies are looking at me like they wanna jump me." I said smiling

"Well lets go we can take her... again." Brook said

Ezra looked concerned, im sure he didn't want to have to play our parents again "Ok you two enough fighting for one day lets just get the hell out of here." Ezra said pushing us towards the parking lot. Today he brought his car thank God cause I didn't wanna suffer the awkward silence between me and Eli on the walk home.

We walked inside the house and put our crap away in the room it hadn't even been 5 minutes when Eli said

"Addi can you take a ride with me?" SHITTTTT!!!!! Take a ride with him, a piece of me hoped he would kill me so I wouldn't have to explain myself, but I doubted that would happen.

I just stayed calm and looked completely confused "Uh yea sure."

He didn't say anything he grabbed his keys and walked out the door, I shot a look at Brook and she shrugged her shoulders and waved her hands to go. I got in the car and he didn't say anything, I wanted to keep the silence as long as possible so I just looked out the window and said nothing.

About 20 minutes later he pulled into a parking lot it looked like we were gonna walk a trail. He got out and waited for me so I did the same, he tugged his head for me to follow him. I stayed maybe a foot behind him as walked towards another trail I hadn't noticed, the walk was long and he pulled me off the trail after a while but eventually we came to a tiny clearing in the woods completely surrounded by trees, the grass was dead and there wasn't a sound for miles it seemed, it didn't look very nice but it felt peaceful.

"Whats this?" I asked

"Peace" he simply said walking to the middle and sitting down, he patted the empty spot next to him "Sit, we need to talk."

I walked over trying not to show how nervous I really was about whatever he needed to 'talk' to me about. I sat right next to him and waited.

"He's mine." It wasn't a question, I just laughed I had nothing to say I was so freaking embarrassed.

"Eli I'm sorry I don't know what came over me at lunch today, I guess I just really don't like her, im sorry if you liked her and I screwed that up, I wont say anything anymore-"

"Addi, I don't like her at all, I just didn't wanna be too rude cause it would end up like that one kid, Mason."

"Oh, well im still sorry the whole he's mine thing, yea it just kind of came out, I don't even have an explanation, well not one im willing to explain."

"Its ok you don't have to I didn't bring you here so you can explain things to me, I came here to tell you the truth."

"About what?" I asked