"Canoodlers"

S E V E N T E E N

Nathan and i stare at each other in stunned silence, the entire table is now looking at us.

"You two know each other?" The lady seated opposite Nathan questions, my lips part i stare between her and Nathan. "Yes, we're friends" He finally speaks, smiling at me "its nice to see you again" i force a smile back "you too".

An uncomfortable silence sets over the table, Donovan claps his hands "alright, Anastasia, these are some old friends of mine. This is Marie" he gestures to the lady who spoke up earlier. I smile at her politely, she returns it.

"To your left is Mark, and this is Joshua" i smile at them respectively and shake their hands over the table. Everyone eases into a conversation, everyone except Nathan and i who sit there listening quietly.

I can see him staring at me, boring holes into the side of my face. I run my tongue over my teeth whilst looking through the menu, ignoring his piercing gaze. When i realise he's not going to back down, i decide to fuck with him.

I pull my bottom lip between my teeth as my eyes scan the words printed in gold. He sucks in a sharp breath, crossing his arms and leaning on the table. "Anna?" Donovan calling my name makes me look up, "yes?"

"What will you be having?" I smile "the beef brisket, 8 oz and a glass of your best port wine" the waiter nods, jotting down everyone else's orders before walking away. Nathan finally turns to me "do you plan on ignoring me all night?" I turn to look at him, tilting my head "ignoring you? I did no such thing" he lets out a soft groan.

I chuckle "what're you doing here anyway?" I question, sipping my wine. "Work, i didn't think i'd have to come here until after Christmas but there was some documentation that needed my signatures on it and i had to speak with our contractors on the upcoming hotel" he explains casually all whilst i watch him talk, he looks so at ease when he talks about his work, its so pleasing.

His stormy eyes meet mine, and he narrows them "don't look at me like that" i raise a brow "like what?"

"You know, the way you always look at me" i smile teasingly at him "why not?" I retort, my smile turning into a cocky one.

"Because i'm scared i won't be able to control what happens after" he whispers huskily, his pupils dilated a little. The way he says it knocks the air out of me, i watch wide-eyed as he sips his drink casually, smirking.

"The look on your face is priceless" he says slowly, amused. I suck in a sharp breath when i feel his cold fingertips caress my thigh, hiking my dress up a little. He leans closer, his hot breath fanning my pulse as he speaks "you look gorgeous in green" he mumbles, nipping my earlobe with his teeth subtly.

My lips part in shock, waves of pleasure running through me. I grip his knee from under the table, digging my nails into his clothed skin. This doesn't phase him, it only encourages him.

"If just this turns you on, could you imagine how other things would feel?" He mumbles, licking his lips. I feel a familiar  warm pool of nerves in the pit of my stomach, dancing around in anticipation.

"Stop, there are people here" i merely whisper weakly, because i don't want him to stop. And he knows just as well, his fingers dance towards my inner thigh, he gives it a firm squeeze that sends shivers up my spine.

You'd be surprised as to how oblivious a group of people are to what's going on right in front of them, Donovan and his friends are so immersed in their own conversation they don't even bother looking our way.

I bite down on my lip when i feel his fingers graze the lace of my underwear, he smirks "do you want me to keep going?" He whispers, stroking the material teasingly. I squirm under his touch, clenching my thighs together in desperate  need of more friction.