"Goodbye, Anna"

T H I R T Y
(This is scary)

"This one or this one?" I ask the girls who are sat outside on the deck with fruit cocktails, holding up 2 swimsuits up. "The blue one" Gen says thoughtfully. "But the black looks so sexy" Mon interjects.

I point at Monica "she's right, thank you babe" she grins, Gen scoffs "whatever, apparently my opinion is irrelevant now" we laugh at Gen and her sour joke. I head back inside and change into the black bikini, I hear a whistle from the door, i turn around to see Nathan leaning against the bathroom door frame.

"You look sexy" he smiles, clearly staring at my ass. I smile and roll my eyes, grabbing the thin beach cover up and slipping it on. "Calm down loverboy" i joke, patting him on the chest.

"Hey, have you heard anything from Hunter?" I raise a brow "why?" I ask, rummaging through my bag for a hair tie. "Because its been like a week since his accident and you don't seem to care" he chuckles, pulling a tie off his wrist and handing it to me "well i do, but there isn't anything i can do until i go back to Seattle, Jane is yet to update me" i explain, tying my hair up.

"Oh speaking of Seattle, i'm flying back with you. I have some papers to sign to finalize the construction of the new building" Nathan says, his eyes following me as i move around the room picking things up. One day here and this place is littered with clothes.

"Why do you need to fly all the way there? Can't you sign them in London and send them back?" He sighs "that's what i said, but the contractor needs my signature on the original documentation, so is it okay if i stay with you for a day? I'll be flying out sunday night." I nod "sure, that's not an issue, your Fiance is though" i smile bitterly at him, zipping my bag after stuffing my clothes in.

He sighs "don't worry about it" i take a deep breath, the heavy weight in the pit of my stomach doesn't ease it just grows more obvious. "Whatever you say" i mutter, walking out.

"Is everyone ready to leave?" I ask, Stephen pop's his head out of his shared room with Gen "2 minutes, Gen's taming her hair" he laughs.

"The humidity fries my hair okay!" She yells from inside, i chuckle "alright, where's Monica and Mike?" I look around, "Mon?" I call out, peaking a head in their room, its empty.

"Nathan did you see them?" I ask Nate when he exits our room on his phone, texting furiously. "Nathan" i call out, making him look up at me confused "huh?"

"Michael? Monica?" He shakes his head slowly, turning his attention back to his phone.

I walk out onto the deck, the warmth of the direct sunlight hits my skin and the humidity follows, waves flow back and forth peacefully. But there's no signs of the happy couple.

"Where the hell are they?" I mutter to myself, walking around to the front of the house. In between one of the branching houses, Mike is sitting beside Monica rubbing her back.

I open my mouth to shout out to them but stop short when i see Mike kiss her temple and that same sinking feeling rises, i find myself feeling envious of them. They have what Nathan and I have been wanting our whole lives.

But i let them enjoy their moment; regardless of Monica throwing up, poor fish, its a heartwarming sight to see.

We all really are growing up.

I shudder at the thought of turning 23 in a few months, i have no idea what to expect this birthday. Leaving them to it, i turn around and walk down the side of the house when i hear Nathan talking.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Danielle?" He hisses. Oh, he sounds pissed. I don't plan on eavesdropping but i find myself unable to move from behind the wall, i stand out of view and listen.