"I've been through your underwear drawer"

T W E N T Y N I N E
New Years Special: Part 2

Later that evening, Nathan and I lay on the wooden deck with beers watching the sunset.

"This is nice" i sigh out, taking a sip of my beer. Nathan hums in agreement "peaceful..." he whispers.

"Do you remember when we-"

"When were you going to tell me Grayson Evans is dead?" I interject, turning to look at him. Nathan stares at me for a moment, he sighs and takes a large gulp of his beer before he speaks "i'm sorry.."

"Why did you feel the need to lie about something so petty?" i let out a breathy laugh, Nathan runs his tongue along the inside of his cheek "well, because those files were confidential and i didn't know where Grayson was buried" he explains.

"I went looking for Pierce's grave, instead i found Grayson's. Do you know what happened to Pierces' body?" I question, staring him head on.

"I don't, i'm sorry." I nod, looking up at the sky.

Orange and pink hues paint the sky, clouds scattered over blue tints. It's the most beautiful sunset i've ever witnessed, Seattle had breathtaking sunsets but this was different, it was vibrant.

My thoughts wander as a peaceful silence sets upon us, the only sound audible being soft waves and our breathing.

This day reminds me of new years eve 4 years ago. I smile at the memory, we really didn't see all of this coming.

"What're you so smiley about" Nathan rolls onto his side to look at me. I do the same, we face each other and just stare for a long moment. "Just.. remembering new years eve 4 years ago" He visibly cringes "that was terrible" we laugh in unison.

"Remember when we got back and i threw that mug at you?" I ask, my eyes roaming his face, tracing the sharp outline of his lips down to his chin and the silver chain that he wears. I subconsciously reach out to fiddle with it as he talks "oh yeah, i remember that. Thrown a cup at anyone since?" I chuckle "not that i know of.." i mutter, twisting the ring around between my fingers.

When his warm fingertips trace over the skin on my exposed stomach, my heart skips a beat. "The scar.." he whispers, staring at it sadly. My smile falters "ugly, i know" i sigh.

He shakes his head, meeting my eyes "its beautiful, nothing about you is ugly.." he frowns, moving closer.

I can't help but smile at him as he says this "really? You mean that?" He lowers his head, placing a gentle kiss over the scar. "Always" he whispers against my skin, his warm breath sending goosebumps along.

"Does it hurt?" He teases, referring to when i saw the scar on his chest back then and asked him the same thing.

I giggle "yes, it does. Are you gonna kiss it better?" I lift my head to look at him, grinning. He smirks "as you wish, princess" he kisses long the 3 inch scar, making me laugh "that kind of tickles" he smiles, coming up to kiss me.

"Mm" i grab his face, smiling against his lips. "That reminds me" he speaks between kisses, i stop "what?" I ask. "Did you open your christmas gift? You kept telling me you would" i throw my head back and let out a groan "i'm sorry, its in my bag let me go get it" i slither out from under him and walk down the side of the Villa, a door leads directly into our room so we don't necessarily need to use the living area.

I grab the forest green bag from my bag and come back to sit beside Nathan.

I pull out a sleek black, rectangular box with a silk black bow wrapped around it and Victoria's Secret written in gold cursive.