"Nathan x 100"

T W E N T Y

I drop the turkey leg in my plate with a nervous chuckle "No- no, i-" i'm about to explain but Hunter cuts me off. "- I didn't its just a ring. You guys need to come down" he chuckles. Everyone relaxes, the excited look on their faces dropping.

After lunch and the amazing apple pie Helena baked, we take our leave.

"It was nice meeting you Anna, hopefully we'll see you again?" I smile, nodding "yes, of course. Thank you so much for the lovely lunch" she hugs me "oh its no problem, i'm happy you enjoyed".

"Bye Anna, it was nice meeting you" Andrea waves at me before getting into the drivers seat. I wave back at her "you too!" I yell back, she smiles at me.

Once we're in the car and on the road, Hunter looks at me "why were you wearing a diamond ring on your ring finger?" He tries to sound casual, tries and fails. I turn to face him with a raised brow, "what?" I question him like he's insane.

"I mean-, you usually wear that on your middle finger" i raise both brows now, daring him to go on. "What're you trying to say?" He sighs "nothing, its stupid." He gives up, focusing on the road.

I sigh, ignoring it. I was in no mood to argue with him over something so ridiculous.

...

The car comes to a halt by the entrance of my apartment building. I reach behind the seat and grab my bag, Hunter grabs my hand as i open the passenger door, i turn to look at him. "I'm sorry, i hope you had a nice time..." i smile at him "i did, its okay..."

He tilts his head "can i kiss you?" My heart jumps a little, i shake my head "no" he sighs and i chuckle, pressing a sweet kiss to his lips. He smiles against my lips, just about ready to deepen it when i pull away "see you monday" he groans "that's 2 days away" i grin "so? Have a little space" i wink before shutting the door and walking into the building with a smile on my face.

I push the door to my apartment open and suck in a deep breath "oh baby, i missed you" the air smells faintly of male cologne, and my smile falters.

Nathan.

Dropping my carry bag on one of the stools i kick my martens off by the stool and pull the fridge open to grab a bottle of water.

My phone buzzes violently on the counter, indicating an incoming call. I glance down at the caller and quickly answer it "Stella! Good evening" i greet by boss, wonder what she wants on a friday.

Oh god no more spontaneous work trips, please!

"Good evening, sorry to have called you on a holiday but this is important. I'm calling to offer you a promotion, your addition to this months magazine earned you a spot on our monthly list of popular writers! Congratulations, you did..." she trails off, her next words forced "well, you did well" she says sternly, making me smile "your soft side is showing, Stella"

She scoffs "whatever Anastasia, happy thanksgiving, have a good weekend" i chuckle "happy thanksgiving" and she hangs up.

Holy shitstickles, a promotion!

I grin like an idiot as i take a few sips of the water i've been holding throughout the conversation when a sudden fist banging against my front door startles me, i screw the bottle cap back on and place it on the counter before moving to open the door.

When the door swings open my eyes widen, Hunter stands there red in the face looking like he's about to punch someone. I frown "what's wro-" he pushes me aside and storms in, "where is he?! is he here?!" He yells, looking around.