"DeNILE isn't just a river in egypt"

T W E N T Y  O N E

"so i stormed into the classroom with a bottle of jack and caused a scene, i got suspended for 3 days because of it", Nathan explains, laughing a little. i smile, "you idiot, i can't believe you never tried calling me" he rolls his eyes "i did, after about 3 days of thinking you were playing some practical joke and would show up at the doorstep one morning. But it always went straight to voicemail" He eyes me.

I purse my lips, staring at him over the rim of my mug. He waves a careless hand "It's okay, i got over it" he dismisses. I scoff "Please, your first reaction to seeing me after 3 years was 'annihilate', not so forgiving in my opinion" he chuckles "Well i wasn't going to greet you with open arms and a kiss" he jokes, sipping his coffee. 

I shrug "point made, now" I slap my palms on the counter "we have a problem on our hands, finding out who leaked that picture to Hunter because there's a chance we could be on the front page any day now." I say seriously, frowning at Nate.

He runs a hand through his hair, disheveling his hair even more. I physically have to rip my eyes off him so i don't get distracted, "i don't even know where to start, no one knew we were together" he states, thinking hard.

"Except for Donovan" i remind him, he shakes his head "i know Don, he wouldn't do that. besides as far as he knows, you dropped me off at my hotel and went home" I nod "yeah, you're right. Maybe it was a journalist? or a photographer, Seattle has a lot of those. For all we know our little date day was being photographed" His eyes widen "You have a point, give me a second" he grabs his phone and dials someone.

I stare at him in anticipation, wondering what he's up to. "Nick, hey. hope I'm not disturbing you but i need a favour" he begins, this Nick guys response makes Nathan smile "perfect, i need you to track down a few reputable photographers in Seattle and find their socials, send me a list when you compile one" he instructs "-alright, thank you" he thanks him and hangs up.

He turns to me with a grin "Nick is our public relations officer, he said he'll send me the list in a few hours or by tonight. so now we wait" I nod.

"What do we do to kill time?" I ask, tapping my nails against the counter.

"Well.. it is a weekend." I sigh "i don't want to risk being seen in public again" He looks at me feigned hurt "you don't want to be seen in public with me?" He asks sadly, putting his hand over his heart.

I laugh "idiot" i mumble. He grins "there it is, that smile" he says softly, making my stomach flutter. I roll my eyes and hop off the stool, "i'm going for a shower, i feel like shit" i say whilst walking down the hall to my bedroom.

I hear Nathan's bare feet follow. "Lets shower together, save some water if you know what i mean" he winks, leaning against the door frame.

My eyes rake over his muscles in that tight black shirt and the PJ bottoms he sneakily bought over yesterday.

He came with the intention of staying.

I chuckle "keep the rat in its trap".

He smirks "the rat doesn't have a trap, babygirl" he says smugly. My eyes immediately fly down to the bulge in his pants and then back up to his face as subtly as possible. I don't miss the suggestive brow wiggle he throws my way when i grab my towel and head into the bathroom, leaving him standing by the doorway.

"Come on, i know you want to!" He calls out. I smile, leaving the bathroom door open just a crack so he can see the light.

I'm barely out of my clothes and under the hot water when i hear him come in and shut the door behind him. "I managed to find a towel in one of your many closets and i must say, you own way too many dildos and vibrators, it was like a mini haul in there" my eyes widen, i pull the curtain back enough to stick my head out and look at him, bewildered.