"Bitchass Arnold"

E I G H T

I stand there, hand clapped over my mouth as a wave of shock runs through me like electricity. Its like everything slows down for those few moments, Nathan finally lifts is head to look at me, there's unmissable pain on his face.

I would never hit him, even if he annoyed the fuck out of me. "I'm so sorry..." i whisper, moving closer to him to inspect his pink cheek. "Oh god, i really did not mean to" i apologise softly, guilt rising in my chest.

He stays silent, avoiding my eyes and clenching his jaw. "Let me get you some ice" i mumble, turning away. Nathan grabs my wrist and pulls me back against his chest, his arm snaking around my waist and holding me there. "This is wrong Nathan.. let go" i whisper, barely though.

It feels good to be close to him again. But not under these circumstances, not when he's spoken for.

"You didn't mean to do it but did you mean to leave me? Was i not good enough?" He whispers the last part, his voice cracking. My heart sinks, pain and guilt flooding me.

He thinks i left him because i wasn't satisfied.

Oh how do i tell him, that i love him. That even after all this time i still love him and that i would do anything to get him back.

I try to respond but the words get caught in my throat. "Tell me Anastasia, was i not good enough? Were you not satisfied? Or did you stop loving me.."

"I-.. i.." i trail off, not knowing how to say all the things i want to say to him.

"Nothing i say will change the fact that you're engaged. Nathan, you're getting married" i emphasize with a heavy heart. He lets go of me with a sigh, i turn around to face him with sad eyes, he runs a hand through his dark hair.

"Fucking hell, if i knew i'd see you again-" he groans, squeezing his eyes closed. I raise a brow "you'd what? Break up with Danielle?" I cross my arms over my chest, frowning at him. "Nathan, why are you marrying the woman if you seriously don't want to?"

"Because she distracts me from you! She makes everything easier to do! Fucking hell, i can't even drink a cup of coffee without think about you! For fucks sake you're everywhere..." he bursts, his voice raising. I step back, holding back tears. "I'm sorry i made you feel like shit, but you have to understand, i was hurting too" i justify, staring at him.

He lets out a breathy laugh "You could've spoken to me! I was there for you!" He replies, his eyes sad and his features twisted into one of disappointment.

The look he's giving me makes want to burst in tears, Nathan has never looked at me with so much pain and.. disappointment.

"I-i.. i didn't know what to say, i'm sorry." He scoffs "i'm sure you are" he takes slow steps towards me from across the room, i take a few steps back. Cursing when my back hits the large window, the glass cold against my sweater clad arm. Nathan leans in, caging me between his arms as he leans against the glass.

I suck in a sharp breath, my looking up at him through teary eyes. "I missed you. So fucking much..." he whispers, his lips merely a centimetre away from mine. I shut my eyes, letting the tears roll down my cheeks. His soft lips press against my cheek right on my running tears.

He kisses my other cheek, then my nose and finally my forehead. He presses a long hard kiss there, his breath fanning my skin. I let out a shaky breath as he does this, clenching my fists.

"Goodbye..." he whispers, i feel the radiating warmth of his leave me slowly, but i keep my eyes shut. If i look, it'll hurt 10 times more than it already does. When i hear the soft click of the door, i let out a breath and open my eyes.