"Wrong"

N I N E

Nathaniel

I walk into the hotel after dinner with Danielle, only to see a commotion in the lobby. With a frustrated sigh i tuck my hands into my pockets, clear my throat and speak "what the hell is going on here?" I raise my voice, gaining everyone's attention. I catch a faint glimpse of someone in Desmond's grip, he spins the person around carelessly and a frightened Anna looks at me with wide worried eyes.

"Someone was trying to sneak into your penthouse claiming to be Ms. Aldridge." Arnold says throwing a smug look Anna's way.

Why is she here? And why is she trying to sneak into my penthouse?

So many questions run through my head as i glare at the staff present "let her go, and bring her bags up to the penthouse" i instruct the bell boy, who rushes away.

I step up to Arnold and lean in, "make sure you add her to the list of people who can access the penthouse and don't tell Danielle." I whisper before giving him a curt nod and turning around to guide a confused Anna to the elevator.

Her back stiffens against my touch, her pulse visible on the nape of her neck. I pull my lip between my teeth and bite back a smile as we step into the elevator. She steps away as the doors close, hugging herself.

I clear my throat and tuck my hands into my pocket. "Are you okay?" I ask softly, staring at the numbers on the elevator switch. "I'm fine. You don't have to do this, i-i don't want to disturb you and Danielle-" she begins, but i cut her off "-Danielle and i don't live together." My tone comes out unintentionally harsh, i bite my tongue after my reply.

"Oh.. okay.." she mumbles. The elevators open up to the penthouse to my relief. I step out after her "your bags should be up any minute, are you hungry?" She shakes her head, looking around.

Her eyes sparkle in the dimly lit room, she looks captivated as she walks around slowly taking in the place. I smile at her reaction, "this place is beautiful.." she whispers, walking up to the large glass windows, but the moment is ruined when the elevator opens and the bell boy steps out with Anna's bags. "Goodnight sir, ma'am" he smiles "Goodnight, and thank you" Anna smiles at him warmly, once he's gone she unzips one of her bags and pulls out some clothes.

"Thank you for letting me stay the night.." she properly looks at me for the first time today, i smile "You're always welcome.." we stand like that for what feels like hours, staring at each other with so much want i have to physically stop myself from reaching for her. My skin burns with the desire to feel hers, have her lay beside me and have us talk, resolve all the problems we have and just be us again.

"Don't look at me like that" i whisper, clenching my fist. Even when she's tired and in barely any light, she still looks beautiful. "Like what, Nathan?" She whispers, taking a step closer. I gulp, squeezing my eyes shut for a moment "like i'm all you see.." i whisper, opening my eyes slowly to look down at her.

She gives me a sad smile "You are all i see, but i don't think i'm all you see anymore" my heart sinks as she says this, she reaches for my face and caresses my cheek "congratulations on the engagement, Danielle is beautiful.."

It takes all the strength left in me not to pull her closer, my heart feels like its suffocating as she says this.

No. Don't. Her saying this means she's over it, over me. She's moving on, and call me a selfish piece of shit but i don't want her to. What she did to me killed me, but i would still go through hell for her because that's how much i love her.