"The Christmas Breakdown"

T W E N T Y  S I X
Christmas Special: Part 1

Anastasia

I stare at Nathan from the top of the stairs, he looks surprised and it puts a smug smile on my face.

I turn to the entrance and saunter in, i greet a few familiar faces. "Anastasia! Its good to see you back, you look gorgeous" a family friend; Irene, compliments. A middle aged woman with a lovely husband and an only child. A son, around my age.

He steps in behind her "mum- oh, hello" he smiles down at me, it reaches his eyes. He holds his hand out "i'm Jasper Collins, nice to meet you.. Anastasia is it?" I smile and shake his hand "Yes, but you can call me Anna" he nods, continuing to smile down at me.

Irene excuses herself, leaving us standing there holding hands. "Oh, sorry" i laugh sheepishly and let go. He tilts his head a little, causing a few strands of his dark hair to fall over his forehead. I resist the urge to say something stupid, but i think staring at him in awe is creepier.

"So there's a huge buzz around you..." he trails off, looking around the room. I wince "oh, so you know about the articles" he chuckles "what articles?"

I blink, that was rather self centred of me.

"Oh, its nothing" i laugh it off "yeah i.. i'm here after a while" he bobs his head, tucking his hands into his pockets "i've noticed, i was expecting to see Mr.Black's daughter heading the business after university but when you never showed i assumed you weren't interested" he explains smoothly, why does him talking make me want to listen?

He's quite charming might i say.

Don't forget hot girl summer, Anna. I remind myself.

"Oh i'm not, i have a wonderful job back in Seattle" i respond, his eyes sparkle "oh right! I heard about you living there, my dad was talking to your dad about it. How is it there?" Jasper steps closer to me as someone tries to pass behind him, i glance behind him to see the back of Nathans head. I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to Jasper "how long are you in town?" I purse my lips, frowning as i think.

"2 weeks? Yeah, i'm flying back a week after new years" he nods "well, it was nice talking to you.. i'll come find you when its time to dance" he throws me a flirty smile, i chuckle "sure thing, i'll hold you to it" i reply before turning away in the opposite direction.

An arm comes out and yanks me to the right, i stumble into a group of peering eyes. "What the hell are you doing here?!" Monica asks, a surprised smile on her face.

I grin "surprise?" She squeals and pulls me into a hug "i can't believe you actually came back!" I chuckle "i had to.. it felt right" she gives me a warm smile "i'm glad you decided to come".

That's when i realize there's people just staring at me. Mike smirks "hello, gorgeous" he pulls me into a hug "looking sharp" i laugh. He holds me at his side "i don't need to introduce you to anyone here" he gestures to the rest of the group.

Nathan and Danielle just stare at me, Danielle is squinting ever so slightly, Nathan looks like someone slapped him and-

Woah, is this who i think it is?

"Olivia?" I gasp out, she grins "its nice to see you again, Anna" i smile "you too and woah.. congratulations. Who's the lucky father?" I joke, she laughs.