63

We left Mark's house and bid goodbye to his hometown. It was a bittersweet bye but we were happy with the time we had here.

We then took the flight back to Seoul and as we had slept soundly last night, we just talked our way through the flight whilst having a little nap here and there. Before we knew it, we were already back. It was around 3pm so it was enough time to get back and then just relax.

Mark's phone rang so he picked it up.

"Hi hyung, yeah how are you? ... yeah we're just about to pick up our bags and then come outside.. ok see you there."

He cut the phone and looked at me.

"It was Jaehyun hyung, he came to pick us up."

"Ahh ok that's good then." I said as I smiled at him.

It took about 15 minutes before we got all our bags and I was so excited to go back home. I loved to sleep in my bed.

I slipped my hand into Mark's as he held it tighter. My breath become more calmer as I knew mark was with me and that nothing was going to happen to me leaving the airport.. unlike last time.

Not long after, we saw Jaehyun and he ran up to us. He gave us his iconic dimple smile as he looked at us. Bro hugging mark and then hugging me, he took our stuff.

"How have you guys been?" He asked us  excitedly.

"It was so much fun! I'm glad we went, it was such a lovely place." I replied in happiness.

"How was your honeymoon with Yerin?" I asked as mark and I smirked.

Jaehyun's ears turned bright red as he just smiled.

"It was the best time of my life. I'll never forget it. The Maldives is just so pretty."

"I bet you found something or should I say someone else way more prettier." Mark teased him.

We all had a good hearty laugh before we sat in the car.

"Okay guys, there's somewhere I need to take you." Jaehyun said but it was serious.

We just looked at him, curious wanting to know where he wants to take us.

After about 15 minutes, Jaehyun pulled  up in front of a police station. Mark was confused but I started to worry.

"Jaehyun, is everything alright? Has someone gotten in trouble?" I asked as I held his shoulder.

"Please don't worry." He said before he got out of the car. Mark and I also followed and went into the police station.

We hurriedly walked into the station and saw a familiar face. My mind was confused and not going to lie I was scared.

"Manager hyung?" Mark asked.

There standing in front of us was our main manager. The strict one.

"Mark, Areum I can explain." He said in a guilty tone.

"Please do." I glanced at Mark and I could tell he was angry. I held his hand and reassured him to stay calm.

"I-I was the one who followed you around in New York. I was involved with Red Velvet and your brother. They bribed me to watch over you guys to see if you were listening to them. I watched you and Mark meet up in the park as you left him and I was the one who set up your brother to kidnap you. I knew everything that was going on. I was told by Red velvet that I had to split you two up but after seeing you two together for so long, I realised i couldn't. So I'm turning myself in. Forgive me if you can." He said his words.

I was in shock. I didn't quite know what to say. It was all because of him. He could've prevented everything that happened. Nct127 could've had their tour then and I wouldn't have gotten injured. He could've stopped it all.

I lost all the power in my knees and nearly fell backwards but Jaehyun held me by the shoulders.

Without knowing, a tear slipped out of my eye and I started crying. I wasn't mad at the manger but it hurt me that he knew everything and literally could've stopped it.

"It's alright Areum. It's all going to be all right. Don't worry." Jaehyun comforted me as he rubbed the top of my arms.

In that moment, I forgot mark was also standing there. He had tears in his eyes, probably also thinking about all the unnecessary pain we had to go through. I walked closer to him but he went straight to the manager.

He grabbed his collar as the veins in his neck were about to pop out because of his anger.

"HOW COULD YOU?! YOU JUST PLAYED WITH OUR LIVES. DID YOU NOT ONCE THINK ABOUT US? WE'RE LITERALLY KIDS AND YOU JUST WRECKED US, NOT LIKE AS IF WE HAVEN'T BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH SHIT BEFORE THIS!" He screamed in his face.

I just stood there emotionless as Jaehyun ran over to stop Mark.

"How could you... how could you" he started to cry as he hit the manager's chest.

"Please take him away.." Mark said to the police officers, probably as he didn't want to see him anymore.

I just stood there staring at the whole scene, not really knowing what to process. I was overwhelmed. Before I know it, darkness covered my eyes as I felt my legs give up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 12K READS AND MORE THAN 300 VOTES! 🥳❤️

It means a lot to me so thank you 🥺

Also is it just me but light bulb gives of the same vibes as Yestoday

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~