27

The dark sky has blanketed over the sunny day. We were about to go back to Areum until her brother spoke out.

"Areum, can we talk?"
Areum turned around emotionless.

"Say whatever you want to right here. I'll listen once."

"I'm sorry for what I had done. I had my reasons. I didn't want to leave you like this but I had no choice. I felt suffocated and needed a break. I was constantly running away from everyone and even myself. When I heard about grandad I couldn't help but come back. I know it's been years since we've met and I know you're probably not going to forgive me but I am sorry and I am glad to see you again. I'll leave if you want, if it makes you uncomfortable. But I'm always here if you need me."

"Stay the night, you have no where else to go." With that reply Areum started to walk away. I'm glad she didn't tell him to leave.

After that, Areum, her brother and I went back to the car to go back home.

We reached the car and Areum instantly sat in the passenger seat at the front which left her brother to sit at the back. It was awkwardly silent until her brother started a conversation.

"Let's properly introduce each other. My name is Kwon Hyunbin. And you are..?"

"Oh yeah well I'm Mark Lee."

"I have figured out that you're a very good boyfriend of Areum's."

Me and Areum just quickly glanced at each other as my eyes widened. It hit me that I had never properly asked Areum to be my girlfriend.

I came back to the conversation and said "well it's not exactly that but.."

I got cut off by Areum herself. "Yeah thanks he is my great boyfriend. He's been ever so supportive of me when you weren't there. Even when my ribs were broken. He even took me to the toilet!" Areum raged as she trailed off soon realised what she had just said.

"Ermm oh ok." Her brother has no idea what to say. I went quiet as I quickly eyed Areum. She scoffed then looked out of the window. I kind of smiled and continued looking on the road.

Once we got back to Areum's house, she took a deep breath before she entered. I stood beside her and interlocked her hand in mine.

Areum has gone to shower and her brother had went to collect the takeaway we ordered. Areum has come out of the shower and her hair was wet.

"Let me dry your hair." I stated.

"What?" She looked back at me confused.

"I said let me dry your hair. Pass me the hair dryer."

We walked to Areum's room and she tossed me the hand dryer. I plugged it in and dried her hair. I looked at the mirror and saw her reflection and after a long time she looked calm. Once I had finished drying her hair, I grabbed her by the shoulders to make her stand up. I just stared at her and smiled. Soon I engulfed her into a hug. She tightly hugged me back and I could hear little sniffles.

"Shh Areum, don't cry. You've done well so far. Just relax. I am here."

"Thanks mark. I don't know what I would have done without you today."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~