12

I woke up to see a sleeping Areum in my arms. For a second I was confused as to how she got here until I remembered. That's awkward.

I tried getting up without waking her up but that didn't work as she slowly fluttered her eyes before she saw the situation. Her eyes widened then she suddenly got up and sat straight. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry that I didn't sleep in my own room. I'm so stupid." She looked frustrated and she put her head in her hand.
"I guess you were as tired as me but I failed to see that so I am so sorry. I made you stay here till I fell asleep but you also fell asleep."

"We slept well and nothing happened so who cares." She said as she started smiling.

I'm not going to lie but I haven't slept so well since I could remember. I just didn't want Areum to feel uncomfortable but she was alright.

We woke up and had some breakfast. It was time for work again. Areum had to manage RedVelvet and I wouldn't have time off until a few weeks because of the concert and the practices for the all the other concerts to come. We started walking to the SM building until Areum said something.

"We shouldn't go together as people would to make shady news articles about you. I don't want work and the people around you to give you more stress."

"I guess that is true. You continue to walk and I'll wait a bit and go."

"No no. I have to get coffee for the crew so that'll take time. You should go." She insisted.

"Bye Areum. See you soon. Even though I don't know how quick that'll be..."

"Bye Mark. Best of luck for your concerts and I'll try to come and watch one! Don't get too tired and keep your spirits high."

She held both of my hands and gave them a squeeze. She smiled warmly and crossed the road to get to the coffee shop. I continued walking to the building for a few more intense and tiring weeks.

~~~~
It's been about 3 weeks since I last met Areum and I haven't even seen her around the building. Training and practicing both were hard but I was in no position to complaint. All my members were going through exactly the same pain but none of them ever said. So how could I mention it without seeming like a right little shit?

Areum hasn't even text since a few days after we last met. Is she that busy? It feels weird but I wanted to meet her.

Practice had ended and the weather looked great. From the vending machine, I got a packet of crisps and a bottle of sprite. I walked up to the rooftop. I classed the rooftop as my safe place. It was nice and the view was great.  Once I reached I saw a silhouette in the distance. I don't normally see people up here except cleaners or the office workers who want to smoke.

I walked closer and seen it was a woman. She looked familiar and she was swinging her legs off the railing. She leaned more forwards as if she was about to leap. I dropped my snacks and ran for it.

"Areum!" I shouted. I immediately grabbed her from the waist and we both fell. I grunted and looked towards Areum. We were both on the cold floor. She looked a mess and seemed she had been crying a lot. I got up quickly and went towards her. I delicately made her sit up and hugged her. She started to bawl her eyes out. I patted her on the back trying to calm down but I couldn't help but shed a tear. I don't like seeing Areum so sad.

Once she became a bit stable. I asked "What were you going to do? What happened? You could've talked to me!"

She started to cry again. In between sobs she spoke "Why would I bother you?... You're already stressed out."

"Tell me what happened." I now calmly asked.

"My grandpa has gone missing with that group of friends he's been with. He was supposed to come back a few days after I had last seen you. Then all of a sudden he wouldn't pick up the phone and he hasn't come back home in weeks."
After she finished explaining she started crying even more. I hugged her tightly trying to console her.

"You can't give up hope so quickly that you wanted to fall of from here."

"You can lose hope that quickly when you work in a place like this. Everyday I'm being battered to death by complaints by everyone. I'm not good enough to work anywhere."

"Shh... don't cry." I said with a weak voice. I had to be strong so she didn't cry.

After a while we got up and walked down together. We both left the building and went to the store in front to get drinks.

"I'm staying at your house tonight." I stated to Areum.

"Huh? No you can't and why would you?" She insisted.

"So you don't do something stupid," I joked "no but seriously, you've been lonely so I'll keep company. Don't worry about my managers or anything Taeil hyung has me covered." I smiled whilst saying.

Areum just gave half a smile and we walked to her apartment. Once we got in it wasn't as awkward as the first time since I knew this place. I put the drinks on the kitchen counter and Areum suggested that I should go shower since I had a long day.

I got showered and changed into the spare clothes then I walked into the living room. Areum was wearing her pyjamas. She looked cute in it. I sat right next to her and the tv was on. Some random drama was on but I didn't know anything about since I didn't have the time to watch it.

Areum slowly scooted towards me and put her head and my shoulder. I guess she really did feel lonely. "It feels good to see you again Mark." She said in a quiet voice. She then closed her eyes and I let her nap there.

After I while I got the impression that she is fully asleep as time had passed. I slowly got out of my seated position trying to not wake her up. I picked her up and carried her to her bedroom so she could sleep comfortably. I slowly placed her into her bed and put her duvet over her.

I decided to sleep on the sofa today just in case she woke up and tried to find me. The sofa was very comfy so I didn't mind. I picked up a pillow and the duvet from the spare bedroom and put them on the sofa. I then also fell asleep.