25

We were back at the building... practicing again. I couldn't get rid of my thoughts out of my head. What did I truly see? She surely wouldn't break my trust for her like that?

We were all having a quick break until Jungwoo asked "Where's Jooyeon-nim? He's supposed to be here with us today."

"Ah yeah. Well ermm I forgot to tell you but he went with Areum to pay respects to her grandfather as he passed away." Taeyong hyung said.

I went blank and my mind stopped. Is that what happened.

"Oh my god." My eyes were wide open.

"What happened Mark?" Jungwoo replied.

"Nothing. Ermm I have to go. Tell the other managers that I didn't feel well. Bye."

I grabbed my stuff and left. I felt so sorry for Areum. She must be hurting all alone and I'm not there. No one even bothered telling me. She truly loved her grandpa. I knew exactly where she was going to be as she always kept talking about this place.

I got to the park. The flowers were blooming and everything looked so fresh. I jogged around the park trying to find her. There she was. On such a bright day, wearing all black. I got closer to them and slowed down.

"Areum." I said softly. She turned around and was startled to see me here. She then broke down into tears and nearly dropped on the floor but I caught her halfway. I bought her back up and hugged her tightly. She sobbed into my chest and cried out loud. "Shhhh Areum. I'm so sorry for your loss."

She had no strength to say anything back so she just clutched onto my T-shirt even more tighter. I knew she needed support at this moment of time and I wanted her to feel better. We stayed like this for a few minutes.

After Areum had calmed down, I gave her some water to drink whilst I talked to to Jooyeon hyung.

"How did you find out hyung and what happened to him?"

"I found out from my friend as he works at the ports and of course I knew her grandad. We were told that he got ill on his boat trip and then later on passed away."

"I had some hope he might've come back but not like this..."

"I'm going to go to work now as I need to prep for the tour whilst you stay here with Areum."

"Ok hyung."

He left and then I walked back to Areum. I hugged her again but this time she was strong and didn't cry.

"When did you find out?" I asked quietly.

"Yesterday, I was going to meet you and then Oppa stopped me and took me to a cafe to tell me this."

"You should've told me Areum and then I would've been there for you."

"I know Mark but I was too scared to face you. I was too weak."

"You know I love you Areum and I'll be here for at every point of your life. So don't hesitate to tell me anything."

"Ok Mark." She lightly smiled and put her head on my shoulder whilst we sat beside the tree with a plaque of her grandpa's name 'Kwon Doshik'.

"The funeral is tomorrow so can you come with me. It'll only be me, you, oppa and my grandpa's friends." She said.

"I'm coming." I reassured her.

"I really wish my Hyung was here." She slightly laughed as tears started rolling out of here eyes again.

"Don't worry Areum, everything will get better."

We stayed beside that tree until the sun started setting on such a beautiful but horrible day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote and I love you guys!❤️
THANK YOU FOR READING MY BOOK 🥰