30

Mark was peacefully sleeping and I was just listening to music. I look to my side and see him in his purest form. His chest slowly rising up and down. I started to think of all the times we have spent together and how much he's helped me as a person, when in fact I was the one who was supposed to help him. He probably felt worn out but never once properly told me. Without actually realising, my hand reached out to brush his hair ever so gently. It was so soft and comforting. I started to remember the times we just cuddled up and slept together which made me blush a little.

"Thank you Mark." I whispered still brushing his hair.

He shifted to the side and must've felt my fingers as he slowly got up and fluttered his eyes.

"What are you thankful for? Huh.." he asked in a sleepy tone.

He must've heard me then. Oh good I should've been quiet so he could carry on sleeping.

"Just... you know... for everything." I said whilst looking down. I slowly put my hand and top of his and squeezed it. "I wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me. I could never repay it to you but I'll try my best."

"Thank you Areum for being in my life. Maybe it was a coincidence that you got accepted to work in our company just as I wanted to leave so bad."

I placed my hand over his mouth. "Shh were don't talk about that night. I don't want you to remember that. Please don't ever feel the need to go for that option again. I am always here for you and you know that."

Mark just nodded and gave a closed lip smile whilst I smiled back.

"Oh what are you listening to by the way?" Mark asked, intrigued.

It suddenly hit me. Oh god, he can't hear what I'm hearing. This is embarrassing.

"Oh nothing. It's.. on pause" I said trying to sound as certain as possible.

"Ermm I don't think so." He said smirking.

He quickly grabbed the other earphone and placed it in his ear.

🎶I like it when we get close, when it gets risky🎶

I placed both on my hands on my face due to my embarrassment. It just had to be on his part as well.

"Oh I see, baby don't like it huh? Well now I know what you like listening to." He smirked as he said playfully.

"No.. I think as I am your manager, I have the full rights to listen to all your songs. EVEN including baby don't like it. You understand!" I tried to make him feel intimidated. However, he burst out laughing.

"Okay okay manager nim. Go on, I'll let you listen to baby don't stop without any interruptions for the full experience." He said laughing.

"Shut up mark. I don't want to listen to it anymore." I said whilst laughing.

It felt so great just to have fun with him as I love seeing him smile.

Not long after the food came and we both ate a bit. I didn't eat much because I started feeling sick after eating a bit. Once all the food got picked up, I ended falling asleep on Mark's shoulder whilst his head was on his neck pillow with only another 4 hours to go before we got to our final destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much for getting this book to more than 3k reads. I appreciate each and every one of you! I will try and upload more nowadays as I have the time but thank you again for sticking along.

I hope you all stay at home and stay healthy 😊
My prayers are out there with everyone.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE AND I LOVE YOU ❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~