Chapter 42: The Way Back to Your Heart

Hey guys! Wanna tell you a secret, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to this 1 week=1 update schedule! I hope you will enjoy reading this chapter because I really loved writing it! Please don't forget to vote and comment too. And if you like our Kailena, please spread the word about them and send the story to your romance-lover friends. Thank you <3

So, yeah, see you again next week... or maybe this week, who knows? *smiling mischievously*

Chapter 42: The Way Back to Your Heart

One thing I've come to realize is that life is made up of an endless chain of likes and dislikes.

So like, normally I love the rain...when I am home watching Korean dramas and drinking hot chocolate while the most delicious strawberry muffins in the area melt in my mouth. In short, when I've overdosed on sugar.

But right now I can't stand the rain. I hate it like my life depends on it. Like if I don't hate it enough I will throw myself off the rooftop, or break my own bones or... Well, you get where I am coming from.

Alright, so it turns out, our feelings are not a constant thing after all...

My hate toward this (not so) innocent rain right now is because I am at the bus stop near our office, trying to catch a taxi, but suddenly all the cabs are already taken, and the bus can't be seen anywhere.

Thank God the bus stop has a roof helping me and a couple of other desperate souls not to turn into wet marshmallows.

Because I still had some homework to do for my classes this Thursday, I decided to finish them at work and clocked out at almost 11 instead of my usual 6.

Honestly, if it weren't for the people waiting here with me, it would definitely feel like the beginning of a horror movie.

Tired of standing and taxi hunting, I throw myself on the bench. Whatever, I think, at this rate, the bus will arrive tomorrow this time, but right now even that seems faster than catching a taxi or calling a Uber.

An expensive-looking, dark grey car pulls up in front of the bus stop and I mentally get jealous of the person they have probably pulled up for.

But my jealousy turns into astonishment when the driver steps out of the car and starts to walk to the bus stop, all cool and without any rush.

As he keeps walking to me, I stare at him like he's just come out of a movie. I can hear a badass soundtrack go off in my head, as he messes his hair with one hand to get the raindrops off, like in slow motion scenes.

Wow... he's really beautiful.

The memories of my birthday night and our conversation at CAT have been haunting my days and nights for two days straight. I couldn't concentrate on my classes, or my job or anything, really, as I kept thinking about all the possibilities and outcomes.

Did he mean what he said? Does he want me back? Why now? Or is he just messing with my head again?

I thought he might go back to ignoring me, but here he is, walking to me past 10 as if he knows I've been secretly wanting to see him.

I shake my head and almost punch myself in the face, to get back to my senses quickly.

I notice the girl standing next to me take a double look at him. The dirty little thoughts pictured in her eyes are so clear, they can be seen from miles away. Why do I suddenly want to kick her butt?

Instead, I narrow my eyes at her, before turning my head back to Kai.

Urgh, why's he wearing a dark blue suit anyway? Why does he have his tie loose and the top button of his shirt undone? Why is his hair perfectly messy? And how come even the raindrops make him hotter?