Chapter 20: I Wish I Knew You

Hey ya, beautiful soul. If you are reading this story, please don't forget to vote and comment on the chapters. Those two things are a huge motivation for every writer.

BTW what's your dream first date like? Let me know if you have one!

***

Chapter 20: I Wish I Knew You

Working for a company, where the guy you're dating is a scary boss is a freaking torture, I realize this the first Monday after our first date.

On Sunday Kai and I went out to do graffiti. Now that's more like us. This time Kai did simple writings in different parts of the city. He might have doodled on some celebrity banners as well.

I wrote some things too, with Kai helping me a little. Since it was simple writings, I had no problem. I signed the ones I did with SaY. KiD and SaY. Sounds perfect to me.

I signed for Kai every time last night as well. We finally decided to keep signing his nickname the way I did it the first time. He says he likes it, I think he is lying, but that's all I can do, so no arguing from my side.

We drove the whole night, listening to both his and my favorite artists and bands. We sang along to every song, we kissed thousands of times under the streetlights, we walked while wrapped around each other, Kai's one hand in the back pocket of my jeans and mine around him. Kai pushes me to live more openly than I'm used to and I like it immensely.

After that we went to the rooftop of the abandoned building next to our block, taking the blanket Kai keeps in his car, with us. We lay there, looking at the stars. Kai talked about his sister, telling me I'll meet her at Kitten's birthday next week.

He said our friends won't be surprised when we tell them we are dating, because they think we've been dating for months now. I punched his shoulder playfully for that.

He asked if I meant what I said that night... About finding my purpose. I admitted I did and told him that I'd start looking for a volunteer program soon. "Kind Hearts" inspired me, helping me realize that before going there I've been lacking. Lacking inspiration, passion, motivation, and probably most of the positive feelings in the world.

I told him no one at work should know about us. And let me tell you, he was not happy about it, especially not happy about Austin not knowing, but I made him happy, with some more kissing. At the end he understood my reasons and agreed to my "terms".

So that was last night. Today is Monday and I'm going to work with Kai, only I'll get off at the bus stop, so no one will see me with him.

We are riding to work after lunch since Kai goes to work whenever he wants and my show is in the evening. We are holding hands, Kai's rings press against my skin, making me more aware of him.

"Snow called me this morning," Kai says during the drive.

"Yeah? Are they okay?" I ask concerned because the last time I saw Snow and Dylan was at their party and they fought that night.

"She called from Paris for advice."

"Paris? Did they fight again?"

"No, apparently Dylan took Snow out of bed at 4 AM last night, just because he wanted to go to Paris with her right that minute."

"No waaaaay!" I exclaim, laughing loudly.

"Yes. Can you believe him?" He asks, shaking his head.

"I might not, but you shouldn't act as if it's something you'd never do. You're crazier than Dylan and you know it." I point at him, an eyebrow raised, and he chuckles.