Chapter 23: Midnight Memories N9 or "I confess"

Hey Moonlighs, what's up? The update was done wrong... AGAIN, and somehow chapter 23 was updated BEFORE chapter 22. I'm so sorry for this mess, but I have no idea how this can be even happening. 

Is this because of my Internet connection? O_O Wattpad or the Gods above? I have no idea! But, please, please, PLEASE make sure to go back and read chapter 22, and then come back to this one, because trust me, you don't want to miss THAT chapter. Anyway, hope it's not as confusing as it sounds in my head. 

I'm so happy to finally post this chapter because it's so cute...and hot! Idk, I'm on my fangirling mode here. Kailena is taking all my energy. <3 Read on! 

***

Chapter 23: Midnight Memories N9 or "I confess"

"Snow is falling, as I'm staring at you,
You think I don't notice how you smile,
When they touch your cheeks.
I could swear I saw you
Glancing at me just now,
But are you brave enough
To admit it to me tonight?

Maybe we'll make it, maybe we'll not,
But I want you to know,
What's burning me inside.

My snow is you, my stars, and the Moon too.
My strongest Sun in the sky,
Where only you are allowed to resign.
I never want you to fall, my Snow
I want you to glow,
Forever just glow.
Never hit the ground,
Stay above the clouds,
My lips are fine too
Stay there, if that suits you..."

"I can't believe he writes this kind of amazing songs," I scream in disbelief as Snow, Matt, Natalie, Kai and I keep watching Dylan perform on stage for the first time under his new label. He's slaying and I'm not just saying it because he's our friend. He was born to be a superstar, his energy is insane.

The five of us are standing right in front of the stage, in front of the fences behind which hundreds of people are dancing and screaming their hearts out.

As soon as Dylan signed with the "Voice Check Records" he gained even more recognition and fame. This is his first big concert in Chicago, with such a huge audience and we all are so proud of him.

He'll be going on tour around the States with some other artists before his band releases their first single as a "Check" artist. We all are excited, trying to guess what the single sounds like, but he doesn't want to show it to us yet. He says it's not complete, but we all know it's about Snow anyway. All of his songs are.

"I'd not love a loser," Snow shouts back to me, brushing imaginary dust off of her shoulders.

"News flash, you do," Natalie teases.

"You probably confuse Dylan with the tech geek standing next to you." Snow shots back.

"Hey! I didn't say anything, why are you dragging me into this shit?" Matt complains, making me laugh before we all turn our attention back to the stage.

Except half of my attention is concentrated on the way Kai smells and the way his chest rises and falls as he breathes, not saying a word, just watching his friend.

He has one arm around my shoulder, pressing my body against his right side as I have my arms wrapped around his middle. God, I love hugging him like this.

My head is resting on his chest and he keeps running his fingers through my hair absentmindedly, his eyes never leaving Dylan.

This is not the first time I realized that whenever Dylan is on stage, Kai doesn't talk much, he just watches his best friend with a proud look on his face, mouthing the lyrics along with him from time to time. I caught him smiling numerous times and shouting "Killed it!" when Dylan took high notes.