MIDNIGHT MEMORIES 2: Prologue

It's my 8th Wattpad anniversary today and just like I promised before, I'm starting to update #MidnightMemories part 2! YUHUUUU!

This week I will update some other stories as well, and upload art illustrations for some of my Wattpad stories. Please stay tuned to celebrate my Wattpad birthday week along with me!

Now, kajhaaaaaaa!!!

———————-

MIDNIGHT MEMORIES | PART TWO
prologue: she's gone
Kai's POV

And I run. I cross our backyard, slipping several times as my bare feet hit the wet grass, but I never stop.

I can feel that I'm older, I'm the present me- taller, stronger, faster, smarter, but even the 27-year-old me is trying to get the hell away from this haunted house.

And so I run to her just like I did that night.

I need someone to hold me, I need someone to tell me it's going to be okay, to tell me it's not my fault. I need to tell someone that I am all alone now. I need someone to hug me. I need it to be her...

When I reach their house the lights are off, but I keep knocking on their door, even though I can feel that she's gone.

But please, be here. Please, don't leave me. Please, stay for me.

When my fists are covered in blood and my voice is hoarse from all the screaming, I fall on their front porch, as if my feet are paralyzed.

I look across the street, at our haunted house, which stands as lifeless and dark as possible, and then I start to scream in pain.

I scream and scream and scream, but there is no one to hear me.

My whole body is shaking with sobs, and for a second I feel Moonlight throwing the front door open and giving me a hug. I hear her tell me she's with me, and that everything is going to be okay in the end. I breathe her scent all around me, feel her touch calming me...

But she doesn't really do any of it... The door remains closed and there's no one here beside me. It's all just in my head, and she's gone.

She's gone.