Chapter 12: She Talks Potter

Yahaaaaaa, 'sup?! It's Mel here again! Aaaaaaaand we finally get to meet Connor and Mia from my other story "Trouble", which some of you might have read. Yes, no? 

Anyway, "Midnight Memories" is taking place AFTER the majority of the events in "Trouble", so please keep that in mind. HOWEVER, these stories are absolutely standalone stories, so you DO NOT HAVE TO read every story to understand who's who and what's happening. 

Although, if you feel like reading a  hot, bad boy-good girls / friends-to-enemies-to-lovers college story, then, by all means, go ahead and read "Trouble". I won't stop you, na-ah! ^^

ALSO one of my most favorite characters- Benedict, is making his first appearance in this chapter. He, too, has his story on Wattpad, called "Never Say Goodbye" and it's about the "right person, wrong time" situation... a lot sadder than anything I've ever written, honestly. 

So, yeah, excuse my rambling, and let's get back to Kailena... Let's gooooo!

***

There are days when I want to push my head inside the washing machine and press the "on" button because I do think that it can make the strains on my thoughts disappear. Wash the ugliness away. Maybe if the machine spins fast enough, it can give me a serious concussion so I will be able to forget...everything.

Well, okay, I don't actually believe it, the first part I mean. It wouldn't wash away the ugliness, but it would surely give me a concussion. Okay forget it, it will smash my head into pieces. But maybe that's what I need. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suicidal, it's just a nice thought. Okay, now my thoughts do sound suicidal...

I keep toying with these weird ideas in my head, as I stare at the washing machine I have in the kitchen.

"... to me."

"Huh?" I turn my head to see Kai staring at me incredulously.

"Breaker 1-9, this is KaiXY calling Selenade back to Earth."

"Sorry," I say smiling sheepishly. "What were you saying?"

It's the morning after.  After I broke down in front of him and then in his arms, topping it with "hold me tighter." Is it strange that I don't even feel ashamed? It's just crazy to think I did that.

I'm having breakfast with Kai, and I feel like I was not the one ruining his hoodie with my tears just hours ago. Surprisingly enough Kai's hands around me are all I remember. All I've decided o remember. And his cologne and his chin on my shoulder. Him, period.

How he knew that I needed someone to tell me it was going to be okay, is beyond me. He gets me, he just does. Because I did need someone to be there for me and he was. No question asked, no dumb joke made, he just stood there holding me, and my feet touched the ground again, after floating in space without a concrete direction.  

But when we drove back home, I felt so out of place. I didn't feel uncomfortable, not really, I was just quiet around him maybe? Because he saw me like that, he saw me break and I didn't like that. I don't usually do vulnerable in front of other people. I usually go swimming whenever I feel like crap. And that's what I did after I got home last night. 

Then this morning the first thing I did was call my Dad. For the first time ever our conversation was awkward at first, but then we figured it out. It went something like:

Me- So you found out about me meeting Emma?

Dad- So you found Emma?

Me- Yeah...