Chapter 19: You Are Mine and I'm Yours

Hi! Before starting the chapter, I want to point out that in no way do I encourage doing drugs or smoking. But those problems are real, we live amongst people some of who have these issues and we need to talk about these things as well as mental health.

TALK ABOUT IT! Talk about it with people you love and trust, with people that love YOU! If you need help improving your mental health or quitting smoking or doing drugs, please, please, please, believe in yourself and turn to people that are ready to listen to you and help you fight those battles. There are always people around you that are ready to give you a hand to hold... ALWAYS.

You are not alone...

***

Chapter 19: You Are Mine and I'm Yours

We pull away because none of us can breathe. Literally, we can't. As soon as we do, we both swim up and stick our heads out of the water trying to catch our breath.

Still panting, we face each other - me with my eyes wide open as the realization of what we've just done kicks in, and Kai with a questioning look on his face, as he waits for my reaction.

"What did we just do?" I ask rhetorically, still out of breath.

Kai chuckles humorlessly.

"I'm kind of hurt. I kissed you apparently, did you not notice that? Shall I try again? I swear it will be better this time." He swims up to me, smiling seductively when I hold my hand up for him to stop.

"No, no, no. I mean... Why would you do that?"

"I have another question, why did you kiss me back?"

I pause for a moment, looking at him panicking. Indeed, why did I, if I asked him to leave me alone seconds before the kiss?

"Let's do this." He moves his hand motioning between him and I. "Let's do us."

"We won't be able to make it work," I say, trying to come up with a reasonable answer for both him and myself.

Kai doesn't accept it, as he shakes his head, running one hand through his wet hair and making the simple act send me to my grave.

"Stop thinking about the future. What do you want?" He grabs both of my shoulders. "What do you fucking want right now, Selena? That's what you should be thinking about."

Can I do this? Can I? Can WE do this? No one has ever made me feel like this. No one has ever made me feel so greedy to want them all to myself. I have never been so desperate to have someone, let alone someone like Kai. No one was Kai.

So, what if I am greedy enough to have him, what if I'm greedy enough to want myself to be his and him to be mine.

I nod at him slowly, reluctantly, and just like that the frown between Kai's eyebrows resolves. He smiles so big, his dimples shoot hearts at me, I swear.

"Don't ever lie to me, okay? If there comes a point when you don't want me anymore, just tell me, alright?"

"There will never be such a point." He grabs my arm, pulling me toward him and kissing me for the second time, this time out of the water, this time slow, lazily as if he wants to capture the moment and relive it later. I sure as heck do.

When I close my eyes and wrap my arms around Kai's neck, I feel him smile against my lips and so I bite his lip slightly, making him return the favor.

His lips are soft and he tests like mint, cigarette, and all my wildest dreams.

God, I can't believe I'm finally kissing him. He wraps his arms around my waist, bringing me closer and kissing me harder.

"You are mine and I'm yours, Moonlight," he says, as he pulls back a little, so both of us can breathe, but our lips still brush when we speak.