Chapter 24: The Truth Was in Front of Me All This Time

OMG, I'm so so SOOOOOO freaking excited to share this chapter with you! The remaining chapters of the first part (except the last one) are going to be from Kai's POV and I just can't wait for you guys to get inside his pretty head.

Do you already have some theories based on the hints Kai's been giving out all this time? What's happening? Who's who? Please share your thoughts with me in the comments, I LOVE reading those!

Also, please don't forget to vote for the chapter if you like it, it helps the story reach more readers. 

And last but not least, you can watch the 'Midnight Memories - Call You Mine' book trailer I've attached to this chapter, because it's SOOOOOOOOOOO them - #Kailena <3

Let's gooooooooooooooooooo!

***

Chapter 24: The Truth Was In Front Of Me All This Time

Life is perfect...right now. Kai and I are together, I'm pushing all the fear back, not even thinking about the possibility of him leaving me. I'm not self-conscious, I'm not scared. I'm learning how to accept myself, how to feel loved around him and our friends, how to belong. And they are the ones to teach me these things.

Emma hasn't contacted me after that terrible call on Dylan and Snow's engagement day, Dad worked things out with her, apparently, so that too, makes me feel like I'm at a happy place right now.

Yeah, everything looks so... normal, that I am a little scared sometimes.

"Hello everyone," I greet Rob, Austin, and Lola cheerfully, as I enter the studio on a Friday. I even smile at Lola, who still keeps giving me a hard time with all the death glares she throws my way. Sometimes I even want to shout at her that she can keep Austin to herself, because I AM KISSING THE HOTTEST GUY ON THIS PLANET THESE DAYS, duh!

Not just that! He LOVES me! LOVES ME! I can't stop repeating Kai's confession in my head, even though it's already been days. And I wonder what Lola's or anyone's reaction at the office would be if I told them about our relationship. I chuckle to myself at the thought.

"Hello, my love," Rob makes his way to me, arms already open.

I laugh, walking toward him, dancing on my way, and then stepping into his arms and giving him a dramatic hug.

"My puuuuup!" I drag out, patting his head as if he's indeed my dog.

"Weirdos," Lola mutters under her nose.

"We heard that," Rob says, letting me go.

"You were supposed to," she answers, rolling her eyes, pressing her always red lips together in a typical thin line. I have to admit, I like her when she's not a bitch to ME.

"Who ate your bowl of sunshine this morning, thundercloud? Oh wait, I forgot, you are always like this." Rob says.

Lola lets out a "boring asshole", rolling her eyes again, and for a moment I think the pupils are going to run off her eyes. I chuckle at the thought again, because, as it's turned out, today I find everything hilarious. Have I completely gone insane, Jesus?

"Hey, Austin," Lola tugs at his arm, "Before the show starts, we should go and have some caffeine in our system. Whatcha say?"

"You guys wanna join?" Austin asks Rob and me, but somehow, I find his eyes only at me. And those eyes are really, really excited and curious.

"Sorry, I have... stuff to do."

"Yeah, with me," Rob says, catching the lifeboat I am throwing toward him. "Sorry again," I say, offering a smile and a shrug.