Chapter 6: Is It Too Soon to Say I Miss You?

Hi, Moonlights! Hope you're doing great. The chapters are long, aren't they? I think they are, and I feel like the fact drives readers away. I want to shorten them all, but damn, I don't know where to start from. Hopefully, I will know what to do with this, once I start editing the story.

For now, enjoy (hopefully^^), and don't forget to vote and comment. Much love.

***

Chapter 6: Is It Too Soon to Say I Miss You?

I'm still high on tonight when Kai pulls the car to its stop in front of our apartment block.

I can't believe I did it and more than anything I can't believe I loved the adrenaline rush.

Kai turns off the radio and opens his door to get out when my voice stops him. He closes the door and turns his body to face me.

"You were right, you know," I tell him. His grayish blue eyes stare at me confused.

"I am always right, but enlighten me, about what exactly this time?" Trying to ignore his usual cockiness, I tell him.

"You told me I'd like it. And I did, even though it was absolutely crazy."

This makes Kai's notorious smirk appear.

"It's even crazier that you are admitting it right now." He leans toward me all of a sudden. Surprised, I want to back away, when his hand reaches to capture the side of my cheek, making me go dead still.

Even though his fingers are ice-cold, something that I have noticed is his specific thing, his skin touching mine is a feeling that threatens to burn my insides altogether. Right now I'm like a Salem witch on fire.

His touch is careful like the soft wind playing in your hair when you are walking down the shore. It almost feels like, if I closed my eyes, I'd not even feel his hand resting there on my cheek. Except it's burning my skin now.

His eyes are looking for something in mine, searching carefully. I look back at him, trying to answer even though I don't know his question. His thumb brushes my cheek gently and slowly, making chills run down my whole body. It's both hot and cold at the same time, relaxing and intimidating, scaring and freeing, but nothing in between.

His eyes leave mine, now concentrating on my lips and I swear my heart has never beaten this fast. NEVER.

Oh my God, is he going to kiss me? If so, what shall I do? My mind and heart have different answers to this question.

I shift in my place, making his eyes dart back to my eyes. I swear the moment our eyes lock again, I feel realization dawn on him and he pulls back abruptly as if my skin can burn him.

He faces ahead of him before clearing his throat and turning back to me with a smile.

Honestly, I feel... weird, because either I imagined the whole intimate moment we shared just now, or he simply took me for someone else.

He clears his throat again.

"Now go, little bird, we both deserve to have a good rest," he opens the door of his side and gets out like nothing happened. Like this was my imagination. All in my head. And I'm torn between swearing at him or what's better slapping him and thanking him for giving my personal space back to me because I'm not ready.

I'm not ready for WHAT? I mentally ask myself and don't come up with an answer, so I just growl, letting off some anger, and follow him out.

"Listen, can you wait for me inside the building?" He asks, motioning toward our apartment block with his thumb. "I will be there in a second."