Chapter 35: Midnight Nightmares or The Turning Point

So, here... we...go...

Before reading the new chapter, please make sure to watch this dramatic trailer for our Kailena. Omg, I truly love it sooooo much. It makes me cry and it's just SO typical for them (you'll find more similarities, once you finish the story XD).

Please, don't forget to vote and comment on the chapters you like, as well. Your comments motivate me more than you'll ever know. They really make me fly.

Also, because I'm too emotional as I write this, I want to tell you guys, that you're enough. Wherever you are, whoever you are and whatever you're going through, you're enough. You're more than enough, you're everything....

Chapter 35: Midnight Nightmares or The Turning Point

"Hey, boyfriend," I call out as I walk into Kai's apartment like I owe it. We are going to a midnight memory tonight and I can't be more excited. He hasn't told me where we are heading, which is, well... typical, but I was told I'd love it.

I was also told to wear a dress and be classy tonight. So that's why I'm wearing a long, dark olive silky one, that makes my eyes stand out even more. It leaves just enough open cleavage and displays the necklace Kai gave me all those months ago, which I'm pretty sure will add to his tortures.

I can't stop thinking about how confident I've become after meeting Kai.

Because I have, but tonight's confidence level is Beyoncé on stage.

I find him on the living room sofa, texting while looking like total eye-candy in a white shirt and black dress pants. He is not wearing a tie and the three upper buttons of his shirt are undone. His hair is messy, which is nothing new, and I want to mess it up more with my fingers. Nothing new here as well.

Without waiting for another second, I pull my phone out of my purse and take a picture of him. I will stick it on my wall, or hell, on my bedroom ceiling, so it's the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing when I go to sleep.

The sound of the camera makes him look up, and the moment he sees me standing in the doorway, his eyes light up as they roam over me. A huge smirk appears on his lips, and I take a picture of him like that as well.

"You are boosting my boat."

"Come on," I laugh. "Yours is so big, it's not even a boat anymore, it's a yacht."

"Are you sure we're still talking about a boat?" He raises a brow, making me wrinkle my nose.

"I hate you."

"The feeling is completely mutual. Enough joking, come here," he tells me, holding his hand up in the air, and I don't need to be told twice: I start walking to him, taking a shot of him with my every step.

He laughs, throwing his head back and I take another shot of him like that.

As soon as I reach him, he grabs my hand and lowers me to sit on his knee.

Just this morning Kai helped me realize that I really, REALLY want to study psychiatry, so I can have a better idea about mental health. I was toying with that thought in my head for a while now, but I just needed a push to realize it's what I need.

I really don't know how he can read me so well.

He even made a list for me, with the best university courses. He says if I decide to leave for another city in the US or even another country, he'll follow. It gives me a heart attack, every time I think about his words.