Chapter 7: MIDNIGHT MEMORIES N4 or "Before You Met Me"

Oh, hi Moonlights! Another week means another chapter! Sometimes I'm proud of myself for my constant updates, because I'm really NOT an organized person. 

Anyway, enjoy!

***

Chapter 7: Midnight Memories N4 or "Before You Met Me" 

"So did you miss me?" Kai asks, just when I hop into the passenger's seat of his car and he starts the ignition.

"Tremendously," I answer sarcastically, while going through the radio channels, never looking at him.

Oh my God, I can't even look at him. This is the first time I'm seeing him after admitting to myself that I indeed have a crush on him and then falling asleep during our phone call.

I can't bring myself to look at him, because it feels like he'll know the truth as soon as our eyes meet. I've never been someone to hide things perfectly, and I'm pretty sure he'll be able to read it on my forehead.

"I knew it."

His phone vibrates, and out of the corner of my eye, I see him check it with one hand while holding the wheel with the other one.

"That was sarcasm, by the way. You know, when you use irony to mock?"

He types for a second and puts his phone away.

"I knew you were not as sweet as you tried to look."

"And I knew you were as much of a jerk as you tried to look. What music is this?"

"I don't know, I have nothing to do with the radio. Though..." He cuts himself off abruptly, shaking his head.

"Though what?" I lean back in my seat, while some irritating song keeps playing.

Kai clears his throat.

"Nothing. Open the compartment glove." He tells me. "I've got a new CD."

I do as I'm told without complaining. The first song starts playing as I glance at Kai out of the corner of my eye again. He's staring at the road attentively, one arm leaned over the rolled-down window, the other holding the wheel. Urgh, he's too attractive.

"Aren't Natalie and Matt joining us?" I ask him curiously, because I might perhaps have missed that sneaky girl and because I also want to distract myself.

"No, it'll just be you and I. Now you can get excited."

"Sure am," I say my voice passive. "Would you please stop the car so that I can get out and bounce?"

"You can do it on my lap," Kai says all smug and I punch him on the leg.

"Really, Kai? Seriously? I thought you were 26 and not just 6."

"That would make you a pervert because you are crushing on me. How dare you crush on a 6-year-old, aunty?" I let out a bitter humorless laugh though my insides are now turning into liquid from fear.

HE KNOWS!

Holly muffins! He knows that I am crushing on him! Where did I go wrong? When did I hint at it? Our eyes haven't met today so how does he even know!!?

"Keep telling yourself that and maybe one day you'll really believe it." I deny and I will forever.

"You are staring at me all the time." He rolls his window down and lights up a cigarette.

"Eyes are given to us so that we can look around."

"And touching me whenever you get the chance." I narrow my eyes at him confused.