Chapter 18

I rubbed my eyes, clearly tired of travelling but I had a great sleep. Dad smiled at me. "Are you ready Gin to be surrounded by little cute fiery dragons?" He chuckled. First of all, to be clear, Dad is talking about dragons and not me, clearly, the travelling has taken a toll on his mind. Second note, the last thing I want is to be surrounded by dangerous and non-friendly dragons. Without trying to sound sarcastic, I tried to reply.

"Dad, the last thing I want is to be surrounded by cute little dragons." I made a face of disgust, thinking the last time Fred told me the story of a dragon burning a man. But with Fred, one can never be sure. He might be just messing with my head or much worst, his story was actually true. I heard Dad snickering with Mum. Fine, I am not exactly a fan of dragons, they are not exactly friendly or so I have heard.

"Don't let Charlie hear you." Mum helped Dad wear his coat while looking at me amusingly. Argh, sometimes I feel Charlie loves his dragons more than me. Well not sometimes, all the damn time, he is busy with his dragons. It's not like I am not jealous or anything, but a sister can ask for her brother's little time, right? Right.

We made our way towards the exit after arriving at Romanian Station. I am excited to meet Charlie would be an understatement, I just can't keep calm. "Where is he?" I asked unable to handle excitement anymore.

I was tapping my fingers on my arms when I felt two hands covering my eyes. I was ready to fight back but then his voice relaxed me. "Gin-bear, Guess who?" What does he consider me? I am not a completely oblivious child who can't even recognize her own brother's voice. I smiled while removing his hands from my eyes and hugged him tightly. "Charlieee, I missed you so much." I said stressing over Charlie a bit, it's important to emphasize after all.

"Aww, I missed you too." He smiled back. "If we are done here, shall we move?" Dad chuckled, linking his arms with Mum. Charlie rolled his eyes, clearing thinking of how to escape looking at their public display of affection. So, they have come into their vacationing mood. Now you must be wondering what's with their vacationing mood? Well, in vacationing mood, they tend to act all loved up and adorable mushy couple which earns eye-rolls from my brothers but I find that cute. After all, the basis of vacation is to relax and just enjoy. I snickered at Charlie's reaction and moved ahead to hold his hand.

"So, how was your last Christmas? Did you enjoy it?" He asked walking to his car. Oh, have I told you he has a car. He bought it with his first salary. Mum and Dad were proud of him. He has always worked hard, although I believe he doesn't do this because he considers it as work but for him, it's almost his life.

"Ah, yes. I did enjoy it a lot." I said emphasizing and stressing every word. He chuckled and smirked which irritated me. Well, I did have fun if sitting alone at home and sipping hot chocolate that too "all alone" is considered as fun. The best part was that I was all alone to decorate my Christmas tree, the way I want without my annoying brothers. Ron was at Aunt Muriel's house last year and I was left all alone. But I realized that without them, it's no fun either. Although, I would never accept this fact in front of them. It will only make them boast which is the last thing I want to bear.

Dad and Mum sat at the back of the car and I sat at the passenger seat. "So, are we gonna drive it or fly it" I said hinting at Dad's own flying car. Dad sheepishly grinned from the back seat whereas Mum just rolled her eyes. She is irritated beyond words by Dad's fetish to all muggle thingies and just wants to throw away the car. If it was up to her, the car would have been long gone. But poor Mum, she always gives into Dad's wishes.

"We are gonna drive it. This way you will see the roads of Romania and also we will stay away from the suspicious eyes of muggles." He made few funny mocking gestures with his hands to show suspicion of muggles. I laughed at his weird explanation.

"So, what are we going to do for the next three days?" I asked.

"We are going to spend our little family time with each other. How does it sound?" Dad said holding Mum's hand and pointing to the muggle who was holding something strange and pressing something on it. Later he pressed it near his ears. "What is that thing?" I asked Charlie out of curiosity, clearly fascinated by its design.

"That's a cell phone or mobile phone. It is used to communicate between people. You just gotta dial the number and then, the other person will pick and you can talk whatever you want."

"It's like magic. Didn't I say, Molly, muggles are so smart." Dad looked lost in his thoughts, maybe trying to think how to buy the phone. Mum just nodded and continued looking out of the windows, taking in the scenic views.

"Charlie, can I accompany you tomorrow to work?" I asked Charlie, hoping he says yes because I can't stay home with Mum and Dad when I am in Romania. One cannot waste her time when she is out to travel.

"Ginny, we have already talked about this. I don't want you to go again finding trouble." Mum interrupted my thoughts of tomorrow's fun schedule.

"But Mum, I can't just sit idle and I promise I will stay away from trouble." I begged Mum, trying to melt all her worries but she is Mum, she is so persistent.

"Mum, I promise I will keep her away from trouble. Also, what will she do at home? She will get bored easily. You know her, if you stopped her, she will create ruckus at home." He chuckled and I glared at him. He is supposed to be in my team and teammates don't go insulting their other teammates. He clearly lacks sportsmanship. What a weird bunch of brothers I have!

We soon reached Charlie's house and it was the exact same as I had expected. Wooden walls with the smell of ash all around, along with some antique decorations placed with an exotic touch. It gives the exact homey touch just like Burrow. I walked to the staircase where the opposite wall was covered with frames. All the frames were of us as a family, laughing and enjoying ourselves together. While I was checking the frames, Charlie stood beside me. He pointed towards a frame where I was sitting in his lap, nearly 3 years old. I was laughing and Charlie was tickling me.

"Look, you are wearing such adorable shorts." I laughed pointing at his photo. His cheeks redden and he made a mocking face at me.

"I missed you." Charlie said kissing my forehead and continues looking at the frame where each and every family member was present, all looking young and cheerful. Well, I am still young but few of my uhmm, brothers have grown old. Chuckles.

"If you did miss me, you could have visited me earlier too." He made a sad face, displaying his fake remorse. Hah! Mood spoiler.

"I think you should go freshen up now and take rest because we are going tomorrow early morning at work. Brace yourself up, baby sister! Tomorrow you are gonna see something very interesting." He said and moved to show Dad and Mum their room while I continued looking at the frames, missing all of my brothers so much. It would have been more fun if we had been together here. But I don't get to sulk anymore. I have to make the most out of my trip.

Tomorrow is an adventurous day and I am excited for it beyond words. I should conserve my energy for tomorrow. I quickly freshened up and drifted off to sleep.