Chapter 9

When everyone was asleep, our phase started which involved bed bugs. Not the simple bed bugs but the bugs which were going to leave itching and red marks on Fred, George and Percy's body. Although my original plan was to leave normal bed bugs on their bed but with the involvement of Bill, we got magical bugs. It might sound harmful and maybe it is, but it will only last 6 hours. I know that's quite a long time but if Mom could help in healing the itching will go and there will be only marks left.

We even decided against it but then Charlie said that it was a great plan and sometimes a little fun won't be that bad. I think Charlie is still upset over Twin's wand-drawn drama towards him. Whatever, Bill said if it will itch a lot, he will give them the antidote and we agreed. So, before Fred, George and Percy go to bed, I sneak up to their room and leave the bugs over their bed. Immediately, I felt bad but it can't be reversed. Bill and Charlie forced me to go to their room as it will be least suspicious. Slowly, I come back to my own room where Bill and Charlie were waiting for me. Soon, our plan worked and we heard their screams.

I couldn't stop laughing when I reached over their room. Percy didn't take the prank too well and told Mom that this prank was our idea. I glanced at Bill who was not so surprised. He had practiced this part too well as if he knew Percy is going to blow our cover. "Seriously, Percy you think I am so immature to pull a prank on you over all the family members, I would choose you. You ought to be dreaming." I felt Bill was a bit harsh here. Honestly, I can't blame him; there was a time when Percy was caring and playful. Although, that was a long time ago. He would often ask me to sit on his back and he would call that piggy ride. I still remember those moments and will probably cherish them for life.

And now all he does is study or make ill-comments on us. Personally, he never said anything to me but I can see in his eyes when he looks at me, probably saying that even you have joined these idiots. I don't mind him studying but he also speaks ill about my other brothers which did not go too well with me. Once I did stand against him and from that day, we have hardly talked. We did not talk too well, even before that, but we would still smile and make small-talk but since that day, that bond changed completely.

Mom did not say anything to us but quietly looked at me and I intentionally looked at Fred and George who were in a not-so-happy mood but they were not grumpy. "Guys, you could pull any prank but this one is not good." Fred complained and swears he will come after whosoever has done this. George joined "It's still itching. When is it going to wear off, Charlie?" He looked hopeful speaking in a sweet-voice, all that he can muster while scratching his hand.

"I don't know Georgie, it's not my prank." Charlie shrugged. If he would not be in creature care stuff, I would surely send him to become an actor. The way he pulled off that shrug, it's pretty awesome. Wicked, to be spoken in Ron's language. I look at Ron who is trying to stop laughing but in vain.

Percy made an ill-comment and left the room, probably went to sleep on the sofa. Seriously, how can he sleep when it's itching so much? He is quite a mystery. Mom looked at us hopefully, that we would come clean and give them the antidote but we felt against it. According to George, it wasn't itching too much that could hinder their sleep. They practically pushed us out of the room. I think it is itching by looking at Fred's expression but they have to be bold enough to pull it off so they are trying to be heroic, whatever, it is their fault.

The next morning, everything was back to normal. Fred and George in the same mood, joyful and cheerful as before and Percy in his grumpy mood. I think he would happily trade us for a quiet family.

Mom called me to the kitchen and asked if I was involved in the prank. I couldn't say no so I accepted that it was my idea. But I did not betray my partner, I did not speak of Bill's name. Mom knows better, a girl of 9 3/4 could not do magic but she did not press me.

"Ginny, Percy is trying hard to study. You shouldn't have made him a victim." She said casually. I would never tell her, how big of a jerk Percy is, so I casually stated that I thought why not include Percy too, he could enjoy a little fun because he studies too hard. Mom smiled at me but warned against any other prank; as if I was going to put my life in danger because I know better. Twins must be planning on a revenge prank. They could be really a lot ruthless when it comes to 'fun'.

But to my relief, they did not plan any prank for the next few days.