Chapter 19

Charlie's bed was so comfortable, I almost felt that I can stay here forever but then I remembered my little bed which might not be this comfortable but it's homey. Regardless of this, a little sleep will not hurt anyone. I decided to go back to sleep but as I said my luck with sleeping is not really that good.

"Wake up, Ginny. If you don't wake up now, I will leave you, and yes, I won't take any other excuse anymore." Charlie said which sounded more like a threat but maybe it was. Was it?

Ahh, nobody let me sleep peacefully. I forced myself out of the bed, still not ready to bathe this early, 6 a.m. in the morning. That's a real struggle. I looked at Charlie with sadness and struggle written on my face, acing my perfectly innocent look.

"No, today I am not gonna fall for your tricks. I know you too well to fall into your trap." He shook his head and left for the kitchen. "Come fast soon. We will leave at 7." He announced from the kitchen and even after being tired, I can't miss this opportunity which has just come knocking on my door itself. So, I force myself out of the bed and moved towards the bathroom.

After getting ready, I checked the time and voila this is almost 6:45 a.m. Time to rush to eat else I would be the food and Charlie would definitely chew me off. As I reached the kitchen, I was welcomed by Dad's smiling face, Mum's rushed gestures, and Charlie's annoyed expressions. I smile sheepishly at Charlie.

"Ginny, eat your pancake fast. Also, return home soon. Today, we are going to decorate the Christmas tree." Mum said while hurriedly packing the pancakes in the picnic basket. I looked at Charlie with confusion written all over my face. Charlie sighed. "Mum, we are not going on a picnic there and there will be proper eating facilities."

For a second, Mum looked bewildered. "I am not going to let you and Ginny have food poisoning." Charlie rolled his eyes and said something about how he's been living here for a long time now. Well, I completely agree with him but also, I can't say no to Mum's pancakes so I decided to just look at them and then at Dad. Mum muttered something under her breath about how we kids are just irresponsible and the usual Mum stuff. I dragged Charlie out of the house to escape from her upcoming lecture. "Bye Mum and Dad. See you soon and Love you!"

We sat in the car and Charlie heaved a sigh of relief. I looked at him and we both burst out laughing at the same time. It's hard to leave once when Mum starts with her lecture, but soon after leaving the street, I felt a pinch of sadness to leave the pancakes at home. Okay, I will try not to look back at pancakes but if I didn't get something good there, I am definitely chewing Charlie off.

"So, what are we going to do there?" I asked Charlie, trying to distract myself from the pancakes and our incomplete love story.

"Once we reach there, you will get to know by yourself."

"You know how much I hate suspense, right?" I made a face at him.

"Oh come one Gin, stop being a mood spoiler. I know you will love it once we reach. Till then, please bear with your old brother." He started laughing. Honestly, I didn't find that funny but yes, it was annoying. I muttered annoying under my breath.

"I heard that."

We soon reached his workplace, maybe it included a little bit of magic and flying. But hey, I am not complaining. After Mum and Dad's decision of not using magic wherever unnecessary, these little moments are the only highlights of my day. I walk towards the door whereas Charlie stopped to talk to the guard to talk about the visitor's card for me.

"Okay Gin, so here's your card. Keep it responsibly" He said handing me the strange-looking card. I kept it inside the pocket of my frock. "Don't go anywhere you are not supposed to go and stay close. Don't go wandering around else Dad and Mum will definitely roast me for Christmas dinner." With this he held my hand tightly as if I would run away, I am smarter than this.

We stopped when a girl of Charlie's age waved to us. I looked at Charlie if he's gonna introduce us but he just stood there completely unfazed. Okay, rude boy, I guess it's just me; time to socialize myself. I waved back and greeted her.

"Hi, I am Ginny, Charlie's sister." I shook her hand and she kissed my cheek muttering how cute I am. Hah! I know that not-so-known-stranger. I smiled at her, acing my most polite look.

"Where are my manners?" She chuckled to herself. "I am Aubrey, your brother's co-worker."

"Nice to meet you. Charlie has told us about how hard-working you." I said. Charlie looked at me, clearly bewildered. So, I might have lied to her and the truth is Charlie hasn't told us about her but she looked so genuinely happy. It made the lie worth it.

"That's so sweet of you, Charlie and Ginny. Thank you. Also, your brother's a lot hard-working than me. It's practically his home. My Dad isn't that present here like Charlie. He always says that it feels like Charlie's the one who is running this care den. He's not wrong though." She laughed and I joined her too. I looked confusedly at Charlie, asking him to elaborate.

"Aubrey's father is the owner of this place." He explained and it made sense how everybody looked at her with so much respect. A couple of people have actually bowed to her while we were talking. I complimented at how well-maintained the place is and soon excused ourselves.

"Why were you being so rude to her?" I asked, looking at Charlie with great interest as if he was my subject for today. It gives me a funny feel to investigate him.

"I was not."

"Yes, you were."

"Okay, stop with your detective sixth sense. It's just we are very competitive."

"Competitive? She seemed so sweet, almost like she would give me diabetes." I laughed at my joke and Charlie looked at me with a straight-up no-nonsense look. Cue to stop right here, Ginny. "No, but for real, she talked to me really well."

"Yeah, because you are a little girl of 10, Gin. What do you expect? She would not set you up on a dragon." He moved towards a cage big enough to store two burrows in it. I looked at it with amazement. "Stay close and do not irk them."

Before I could ask him about whom not to irk, I knew the answer already. It was staring right at me and what else could you even imagine, I am standing in their habitat. Dragons. I felt as if I am in another dimension. It was breath-taking and I realized why Charlie was obsessed with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trouble! Trouble! Trouble! So Ginny's in there! And she's loving the view but are things going to go as smoothly as they seem or things are going to get adventurous! Stay tuned!

P.S. We are super close to the end and soon this will be completed! I am so nervous. I hope the ending turns up as good as it is in my mind. (*prays in hush hush).