Chapter 24

My whole world came crippling down! It was all blur for a moment, nausea came over like a wave and it was all black. I felt as I was being pulled into such intensity of darkness which is not even possible but now, it was a reality; a reality I don't want to live in. A few days back where there was joy and happiness all around, today there's shock and fear. I wish I could turn time back. After what felt like hours of pain, I felt a jerk, some distant noises to my numb body. Reality rushed in, knocking me out, I just had a panic attack.

"Gin, not you too. Stay with us. Please!" Dad's beseeched. I felt Mum's hand around my head, her mouth in an inaudible constant chatter. I gradually gained my conscience, still, my body ached, badly groveled. It was all blur before my eyes for few more seconds.

"Oh Merlin, Ginny, how are you feeling?" Mum spoke with urgency. Before I could utter a yes, Bill came rushing in.

"Dad, any updated news on Ron?" Bill spoke without wasting any seconds. Later, when he saw his surroundings with Dad and Mum hovering around me, he stopped to look at me. The color drained from Bill's face, he was almost pale. "Ginny, are you alright?" His voice was coated with care and fear; fear of losing two of his youngest siblings. 

I nodded and tried to walk to him but failing miserably. Dad and Mum looked at Bill with something on their minds and Bill seemed fine with the decision. They apparated in thin air. I looked at Bill exasperatedly, ignorantly he turned towards the kitchen. What just happened?

What is wrong with my family, Ron is missing from Hogwarts probably for some stupid reason and is definitely in trouble and they chose to leave me behind, for what reason? Oh sweet Merlin, what am I suppose to do here, sit in pain and continue with my day as if nothing happened. How can they do that with me? I picked the closest pillow and threw it in frustration which knocked Mum's most valuable vase. Great, what a great day, it has been. 

Hearing the loud noise, Bill came rushing in and I turned my face in the opposite direction, clearly upset over his suppressed reaction. Bill walked to me and took me in his arms and that was the limit, I started crying, clutching Bill hard, I said "Why did they leave me behind when Ron is clearly in trouble. I want to go, Bill. I want to go." My tears didn't stop but initiated heavy hiccups. Bill slowly patted my back and I gulped the water down my throat.

"Gin, you know that you just had your panic attack, how can they endanger their another child for the hope of the other?" He kept me close to comfort me, but the last thing I need is calmness. He understood my resistance and said, "Listen to me Gin, Ron is going to be completely fine, he probably hit himself with something stupid." He chuckled falsely, trying to ease my tension and maybe, his too.

I looked at him in the eye and he turned his face to the other side. "I know you are lying and you know this too." I sighed. "How about if I can walk properly, will you take me there?" I spoke in a monotonous tone, proposing a deal, Bill can never say no to but I was proved wrong.

"Gin.."

"No, don't. Please, I know you want to go as much as I want to go, Bill. I can see it, please. I will stop sneaking out during midnights...." I broke down in middle. I can't handle the loss of any of my brothers, they are my everything. The day I lose one of them, a part of me will be gone forever. For them, I can give up this too. Gulping the saliva, I said, "In fact, I will stop sneaking out forever. I promise..." 

Bill looked helpless, so did I. He looked at me and I knew he has put down his sword. I took a deep breath and stood properly, without shaking or shivering. "Shall we?" I smiled.

We reached Hogwarts and were met with a tall, stern-looking witch with black hair and authority clearly written on her face. Bill spoke first, "Prof. McGonagall, I want.."