Chapter 20

"You want me to touch them?" I looked at him as if he went all crazy. He took my hand and directed it towards a dragon that was peacefully snoring, maybe? I jerked my hand back, too terrified to even move.

"Isn't he sleeping?" I asked. "It's not good to wake them up." I turned and was about to rush back to the entrance of the section but Charlie was too quick in his reflexes, he caught me. What have I done to you, Merlin? Why are you so cruel to me? I asked for just one day without worries, just one day, still, it seemed impossible for you. I smiled at Charlie sheepishly.

"No, he is not sleeping. He's just bored." I looked at him questionably. "Trust me." He looked sincere. After much persuasion, I decided to gently stroke his furs. Yes, even dragons have furs, learnt something new. He was looking so peaceful, brown colour strips on his orange coloured body. He was admirable. I could have stayed back with him for a long time like Charlie only if Fred hasn't messed with my brain. He purred a little and automatically I smiled. I looked at Charlie with another level of satisfaction. I was satisfied with myself.

"Haven't I said they are amazing? Continue stroking Daniel gently and remember not to pull any of his furs. He's kinda obsessed with them." He chuckled. "Now, I am going to bring him food. You stay here, okay? Don't go anywhere." He warned and went towards a cottage. I refused to stay alone. "They love you. Look at Daniel, he's leaning towards you. I am sure they will be fine." With this, he left. Wait a minute, what did he say? They will be fine? As if I could harm them but not the other way round. Charlieeeee!! Ahh, I hate my brothers so much.

I looked at Daniel, funny name for someone so childish. I continued stroking his neck and he purred and relaxed. Lucky guy, getting massaged by Ginny Weasley is no less feat. I was about to pick his bowl of food kept nearby when suddenly I heard a growl. I looked behind me, towards Daniel to see if he needed something but he was still into relaxing. Who was it, then? I gulped and went towards Daniel to hear if he was the one growling.

"Daniel, were you growling?" I asked cautiously, scared as hell. Charlie has amazing timing and now I am stuck in this beautiful yet deadly environment. It's looking so real, that it could be made into a real habitat. I am sure three to four dragons would be into hiding. "Daniel, you naughty boy, is somebody else too over here?" I smack my head, clearly flustered to talk to dragons as if they could reply to me, especially Daniel who is still in another zone. I heard a growling sound again and now, I am sure it wasn't Daniel because he is still lying close. Although he's twice my size but still he looks like a child and I know it wasn't him, he's more into purring. It would take a lot for Daniel to make a sound; he's lazy just like Fred. Even if he wants to growl, he would think not to, which will require a lot of work and energy. I chuckled imagining Daniel trying but thinking rather not.

I looked around for the very first time, taking it all, looking at small details to find if I am missing something. It is all very green and branchy. I could see various small structures of hills and trees with a... waterfall? I have to say Aubrey's father has made this all so real that I am scared to even move a bit. Suddenly I feel a nudge in my legs. I looked back to see Daniel stretching himself to push me? Why is he pushing me in the waterfall's direction? I look at him in confusion. I stroked him again. "What are you trying to say, Daniel? I am so confused right now and what's taking Charlie so long?" I sighed and felt Daniel's nudge again. I grew frustrated and decided to see what's wrong. I looked back at Daniel, mentally bidding goodbye. "If I will be alive, we will meet again Daniel." I mentally braced myself to face whatever it is. What if it's a deadly-looking dragon? What if he would pounce on me? I didn't even say goodbye to my family. I love you Mum-Dad and my idiotic brothers but I still love you. Okay, I need to stop being so dramatic. I sighed and stretched myself, activating my reflexes.

Slowly, I went towards the waterfall. As I was going closer to the waterfall, it also became more and more real. My heart rate also increased, I looked back at Daniel and he was looking straight at me. Maybe, trying to pray for me. I smiled at him and continued walking, not like I have any other option.

I heard growling again and without thinking much, I ran back to Daniel. He looked at me as if mentally smacking his head. "I know. You don't have to look at me like that. I got scared, okay?" I heaved a sigh and looked at Daniel with frightening features. "Do I have to do this?" He looked in another direction. I was shocked. Did he just show me attitude? I hugged him and he leaned into the hug but I heard a growl again and Daniel jerked in the direction of the waterfall, causing me to fall on my hips. Ouch!

Carefully, I looked at Daniel and rolled my eyes. What a dramatic, just like Fred! I walked towards the waterfall again, careful not to make any sound. Slowly and steadily, I reached the waterfall. There was absolutely no one around. There was only the sound of water splashing, no more growling, not even the sound of breathing because I was not breathing for a long time. After checking that no one was around, I sighed. I felt as if I was alive again. I smiled at myself and turned back only to hear growling again and this time, it was terrifically close and loud. I lost words, I couldn't feel anything. I was praying to God, I swear I remembered all my mischief in just those seconds.

I slowly turned back towards the waterfall and there was nothing, again. I went full-on frustrated and also, scared. What the hell was taking Charlie so long? I will be dead in few minutes and he will bring food to my murderer. I will be the food and the food that Charlie brings will be the dessert for sure. I am never forgetting and forgiving you for this Charlie. Did Daniel have a partner to live in this? I didn't even check the plate outside, was too excited and terrified. How dumb can you be, Ginny? I head smacked myself.

I started walking beside the waterfall, trying to find where the voice was coming from. Suddenly, I realized it was not the waterfall Daniel was nudging me towards but it was the big stone beside the waterfall and that's really close to where I am standing. I drew a heavy breath and went towards the stone and there was it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tadaa! What was that? Was that a dragon? Or something more dangerous? Also, where is Charlie? Poor Ginny left all alone and Daniel is of no use, lil lazy dragon.

It was fun writing Daniel. I imagine him to be a cute, lazy and furry dragon that looks fierce but is not so fierce.

Coming soon! Also, if you liked the part, vote for it! It would mean a lot!