Chapter 2

My day was exciting yet very tiresome. Mum made us bake few cookies and do some gardening which is far from my favorite chore. Although I retired early because this was meant for my birthday celebrations but still my body ached like hell. One thing that diverted my mind today was that Fred and George were silently working on something which made me curious. They never act so suspiciously when they are up to something not so mischievous. They were currently giving me anxiety attacks. No more birthday surprises, please.

A few years back when they were 12 years old, they made me chocolate cookies on my birthday which gave me an allergy and for the whole birthday month, I had to sport my face full of purple pimples. I looked like a clown. Mom gave them a good scolding but still, they did not abstain from their pranks. From then, I am always conscious of my birthday gifts.

I made a face which I have learned from my mother. It easily puts them off-guard. I gave them a warning silently. I hope they understand not to mess with me this year.

I was relaxing on the couch when Charlie sat near me. He is the most caring brother. He held my legs and sat on the other side of the couch laying my legs in his lap. Smiling he asked, "So what do you want for your birthday?" Great question by the way but I haven't given a thought about it until right now. 

"Anything apart from a Dragon." I laughingly said.

Charlie has obsessive love for Dragons. He loves to care for them. Fred and George often compare me to dragons. They say that I am fierce too just like them and Charlie loves us more too. I often feel Charlie probably loves dragons much more than me which might not be wrong but I am not complaining. I know dragons are his life.

"As much as I would love to gift you a dragon, you know that dragons are illegal to have in England, that too in a residential area right? He joked. "And you might send them off anywhere as you are a little irresponsible." He said while pulling my cheeks.

"A little?" George asked. "She is irresponsible as hell. You remember the magic pen Dad got for her and how she forgot that at the carnival." Fred laughed along with all my brothers which deeply annoyed me.

"Don't let Mum hear you Fred, either you won't have food till you are off to Hogwarts." I mocked as I was so annoyed with them. They always find a way to get onto my nerves. I might be irresponsible but I am also young. Young kids should not be given responsible work, right? Whatever, I glared at them. They tried to stay quiet, putting their hands over their mouths, snickering. I narrowed my eyes at them and asked them to return to their respective works if they don't want scolding from Mum. "Mum's pet" George mumbled. 

The decorations were looking lavish although we aren't that rich still somehow, we manage to celebrate functions most amazingly. Maybe, it is because of the love put together by every member.

Before lunch, Mum checked the guest list again. She continuously asked if it was fine. It was alright to me. I did not have a lot of friends. In fact, the nearest friend to me is Ron which made hope that he stays the same even after he is off to Hogwarts. Ahh, I will surely miss him.

Later, Mum asked us to pick our food from the kitchen and eat it without any further discussion. We sat at our table and discussed about tomorrow, safely Mum wasn't around to hear it. Soon, an owl came to our window and Ron quickly crossed the table to pick the letter. "Mom, the list of requirements of my academic year is here." I ran towards him and saw the letter. After cross checking the list, I believe this list is going to cost us good expense.

Mum asked to see the list. "No change, you can use your brother's books and Percy's old wand. I have a few of these potions with me. We also have our old robes." Mom looked upset, "I hope that's okay with you Ron?" We all knew that we can't expect new robes and stuff. We aren't that well-off but that doesn't stop us from enjoying. Ron looked a bit disappointed but then cheered up later.

The rest of the day flew too easily. We slept peacefully and hoped that tomorrow we can enjoy ourselves together before everybody is gone to Hogwarts.