Chapter 11

Hiding stuff from mum is tiresome and I am starting to feel all bottled up, I need to put my secret out. But to whom? That's the bigger question. Fred and George will probably kill me or worse won't trust me next time if I break their secret to anybody. Maybe keeping my mouth shut is for the best. 

Merlin! How can I be so stupid? I have a brother who doesn't live with us and he would never ever say anything to anybody about Wheezes. Charlie is again off to Romania but he promised me he will return soon before Ron is off to Hogwarts. So that makes him the best contender. 

I quickly paced across the dining table leaving mum suspicious of my activity but being the youngest has its own perks; I smile innocently at her and make a run for my room. I am never questioned about my mischievous plans unlike my brothers. I picked my quill up and start writing the letter.

Hi Charlie,
First of all, I miss you so much. I wish you were here with us and we could enjoy ourselves just like earlier times. Ron is starting his term so soon and so are Percy, Fred and George. I am going to be all alone in our burrow. I want to start my term too but Mum says until I get my letter, I am not allowed at Hogwarts. I guess I will have to wait.
If I talk about rumors, Harry Potter is also joining Hogwarts and starting his term. Isn't it exciting? Maybe now I can ask him if all those bedtime stories you have been telling me are real or not.
Ooho, what an oblivious person I am. I am writing to you because Fred and George are thinking to start their own little joke shop. Isn't it thrilling? And you know what, they have asked me to be a partner in their crime. I know it's not a crime but it sounds good, has a good exciting touch to it. I have named it Weasley Wizard Wheezes. Every day they work so suspiciously in their rooms. Mom is having doubts but she believes that they are being serious regarding their academics. That's funny, isn't it?
I hope you are having a good day. I request you not to tell anyone about Weasley Wizard Wheezes especially Mom. Fred and George are so excited about their new venture. It brings joy and ambition to them just like you love dragons. Oh, Charlie, I miss you so much. I wish you were here.
Love,
Ginny Binny

Yes, this is it. It's looking perfectly fine. The only thing I am worried about is Errol. He never works perfectly, always gets distracted by something or other. Though I can only hope for the letter to reach safely to Charlie.

I went towards Errol to give the letter when he chirped excitedly as if he knows to whom I am sending the letter. I smile sweetly at him and tied the letter securely. He flies off but takes time to steady himself. Charlie, I hope you get the letter.

Later at night during dinner, Errol returns but ends up colliding with the window's glass. Oh no! Now I am dreading if he even managed to give the letter to Charlie.

"Did you send a letter, Ginny?" Mum asked while serving us dinner. I softly nodded unable to speak. I really hope Charlie has got his letter. I look at the window again and I feel a comforting hand on my head slowly patting.

"Dear, Charlie will return soon. He has promised to see off Ron." Dad consoled me. I smiled softly and turned my attention towards my food.

Its night time and sleep is not agreeing with my sleeping pattern. Great! I turned back and forth before staring far off from the window. Shall I write another letter? Or shall I wait? Another letter could be a way to make sure that Charlie has received the letter. But Dad always asks me to be patient.

The day after tomorrow Ron will be off to Hogwarts and I have started feeling anxious and nervous. How am I even going to manage without him? It's gonna be one of the hardest years for me. Although we can always wait for Christmas but that's so far away.

While thinking about my upcoming days, I dozed off and then, I heard a knock on my window. Unable to open my eyes because of tiredness and of course, laziness, I decided to wait for tomorrow. 

Wait! A knock on the window can only mean one thing - Charlie has replied to my letter.

I tried my best to muster all the energy and smile at Charlie's owl, August. He's a sweet little owl with better transportation skills (*take notes, Errol). I feed him with the little food I have in my room and he happily accepts it.

I untangled the letter and started unrolling the letter. It smells of Charlie and his beloved dragons and don't ask me how do I know what dragons smell like, I have a brother who is lunatic about Dragons.

Dear Ginny Binny,
How are you doing? I just tamed an adorable dragon. She reminds me of you, looks like a tame one but is actually a fierce dragon. I miss you too my little sister and I wish I was there with you all but this little dragon was dropped off in an emergency to our coast and she needed the care. I wish to see you sooner than expected.
Also, I am happy for Fred and George. At last, they have decided to pursue something they would have fun doing. But I must beware you; they might end up grounding you along with themselves for life. The name for the shop is great just like their idea and I must appreciate your naming skills, though don't let it get into your brain.
I love you and miss you much more than anything. I am trying my best to see you sooner but don't mind if I am unable to reach. I promise to make it to you later though.
Love,
Charlie