Chapter 22

We returned when Angela was feeling better than before. Today was an exhausting day not because we had worked a lot but because I felt emotionally weaker compared to any other day. I looked at Charlie and he smiled back as if understanding my every fear. He held my hand and we walked together inside his house.

"Oh, you both are back. Let's get started. We have so less time and so much to prepare. Tomorrow's Christmas and we still have so much to do. Arthur, do not eat the brownies." Mum rushed throughout the hall warning Dad against eating any special meal reserved for tomorrow.

I walked to her and picked all the decorative items. Charlie joined me and we agreed not to let today's incident affect our enthusiasm for Christmas.

"What do you think this star should be placed?" Charlie asked and I automatically thought of George and his fetish with the star being kept on the lowest branch. We always used to think that he has lost it. After all, who keeps the star that should be placed on the top be hanged at the lowest branch. Later, when he confessed his answer, we were speechless.

"I think let's keep it at George's favourite place only." I pointed at the lowest branch closest to the fireplace. He always used to say that when we keep the star at the lowest branch, it's closest to us and the bond remains the same and stronger than at the top. At the place of the star, at the top, we keep Angel to represent the guiding angel looking at everybody.

We continued with our decoration, laughing, sharing memories and stories and eating candies. Well, not to sound too narcissistic but the Tree looked impressive. I softly brushed my hair off my shoulders and laid on the couch, all tired up.

"My little girl's been so hardworking, aren't you?" Dad smiled and I flustered. I quickly nodded and Charlie entered the scene with a disapproving look.

"She hardly even moved and look at this dramatic lazy girl."

"Oh come on, who covered the whole tree with lightings and also with the ribbon and yes, with the candies." I counted them on my fingers and it's safe to say I worked hard. He snorted and left the room to freshen up. I look at Dad and made the best puppy face, I could muster.

"Oh I know my little girl is very hardworking. Your brothers are just jealous." He said and I snuggled up to him.

I don't know how I fell asleep but when I woke up, it gave me chills. The room was pitch black and I was feeling like I am standing at the end of the tunnel, a never-ending tunnel. I screamed for help, unable to understand how in the world did I ended up in here. "Mum, Dad, Charlie, are you there?" I was only met with complete darkness and the echo of my voice.

I just held my head which was throbbing horribly and sat down at the corner. In few minutes, I was crying and just calling out my family. After getting no results, I stood and decided to look for my family.

My legs were still shaking. I felt as if the supply of oxygen was cut short and my time was decreasing by minutes. I ran at every corner of this strange tunnel but I was only met with dead ends. With no option left, I started to scream, having no idea about my whereabouts.

"Ginny, are you alright dear. Wake up." Suddenly, I was shaken and hugged. It felt right at this moment. I was brought back into my world. I slowly opened my eyes, it was all blur for a second and I started crying. "Oh dear!" Mum continued to comfort me. I looked at my Dad and Charlie who looked all concerned and worried. Mum wiped my tears with her hands and pulled me into her infamous hug and I felt safe, happy and all other emotions at that moment. I hugged her back and snuggled into her as a baby elephant snuggles with her mother. Yes, that is what I was feeling.

"It's fine. It was just a nightmare. Everything's fine." Mum patted and smiled assuringly. I smiled back and walked towards my room to wash my tear-stroked face.

I felt physically drained. I looked at the mirror and took a deep breath. Later, I clipped my hair when Charlie knocked. I allowed him to enter and he looked at me with a strange expression. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"What are you thinking about in your big intelligent brain?" I asked Charlie trying to ease the environment.

"How are you feeling?"

"A little exhausted."

"Was that your first?" Charlie asked, talking about the nightmare. I nodded quietly, unable to cope up with so many emotions at one time.

"You know, when I experienced the nightmares for the first time, I couldn't sleep straight for two days. Mum and Dad were equally worried about my inability to cope with them. I cried and cried until Bill asked me about them. I unwilling shared with him because it was not like I had any other option. That day I slept peacefully after two days of struggle. Even today, I feel uneasy but I am in a much better place. What I am trying to say is nightmares are a lot but you gotta work with it. It is all a big fiction of your mind and you don't have to believe it." His words seemed to make much more sense than the last few hours.

"Why did I have those nightmare, today?" Today was supposed to be such a good day, it's Christmas Eve after all.

"I suppose, it's because of two reasons."

"And that are?"

"One that you are missing all of your brothers and second, today you saw Angela in her worst state. You interlinked them with your fear of loneliness, Gin-bear."

"I-"

"It's going to be fine very soon. You will be off to Burrow and will sleep like a panda." He chuckled and I hit him with my pillow, well deserved. "Let's go. It's almost 12."

He held my hand and we walked towards the drawing-room. Mum was arranging the plates and Dad was working on the last-minute decorations. They smiled as soon as I entered and we stood together in front of the Christmas tree to light our candles. Each candle for every family member, wishing for happiness, joy and peace in everyone's life.

After all the traditions, it was the turn to eat and I remembered Ron and his favourite food. He is such a foodie that he can literally eat for days without complaining. All of his favourite pies, cookies and candies were here but only he was missing. Maybe, for next time. Until I have my other family members with me and for now, they are enough. Such a low-key Christmas it has been but it was amazing even if it wasn't a grand party like every other year. Different is good, sometimes.

Later, I was full, had danced like a maniac, enjoyed with every member and just reminisced memories. It was a good day, for sure. Tomorrow will be a better day because it's a gift opening day.

But for now, it was a Merry Christmas!