Chapter 13

We reached Kings Cross Station and suddenly I felt self-conscious. It felt strange to see so many people at Kings Cross. Generally, it was packed but this year it was sometime else. Could this be because of The Chosen One? I have heard he is starting his term this year. But one can never be sure of such rumors. I will believe it only when I see him in person which I extremely doubt but then he is a celebrity, might be arrogant. I have always pictured him to be perfect in every sense- like he must be tall, handsome, academically bright, a hero in short.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Fred and George giving me a suspicious look. "No, I am not thinking about anything and definitely, not about Harry." I pretended to look as oblivious as possible. I am not that great of a liar but let's say I am not that bad at it too. I have a couple of tricks up my sleeves. I gave them the sweetest smile possible and turn my back on them. I don't have that energy to explain them.

I hear them say mhmm and yes, they have surely rolled their eyes in sync at my back. How do I know? Well for starters they are my brothers and of course, I know them too well for their comfort; evil laughter. Ignoring them I turn towards Mom and clutch her hands.

"Now, what's the platform number written on the ticket?" Mom asked. This is Mom's permanent question for every year. Not that she doesn't know which platform number every year we have to go to but it's her way to calm her nerves. Yes, she's fierce but it's also true that she is emotional for her family and for these moments, nervous too.

I piped in. "Nine and three-quarters! Also, mommy, can I?" I asked clearly knowing her answer. "No Ginny, you are not old enough." She said in her frustrated tone. Okay, now I know I have asked this question like thousandth time already but come on, what's the harm in asking for one more time? I snickered.

"Percy, you go first." Percy was already ready even before Mom asked him to. I smiled gently at him as a sign of 'have a great year' and he smiled back. And there he goes, whoosh vanish. Next was Fred. "I am not Fred, I am George. Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I am George?" Fred exclaimed. He and his horrible antics but I will give it to him, it was funny.

Mom exasperated apologized and I tried to cover my laughter with my hand. How difficult!

"Excuse me!" Someone called out Mom, pulling me out of my zone. I turned to see a boy, probably a first-year student. He had bright green eyes, messy dark hairs and weird round glasses which he was touching quite frequently; definitely nervous. Mom greeted him and told him that its Ron's first time too. He nervously asked how to get onto the platform and Mom asked him to just go straight through the barrier. He looked unsure and what kind of a sane person won't? I mean when I was here the first time, I was unsure about it too and looked at mother if she was serious about it and by looking at her look she was dead serious. He pushed his trolley and suddenly I remember Dad is not around.

I looked up at Mom asking her about him. "He will be here in some time, dear. Had to meet someone at last moment." Not good at all. He comforts me best and now it's time for me to go all mad. I looked around and there wasn't Charlie or Bill around. What is going around? Charlie came up behind me and wrapped his hands on my shoulders. "Where are you lost, Gin-bear?"

"Where were you and Bill?" I asked looking at him exasperated.

"Mom did give birth to herself, huh?" He looked amused and started laughing on his own.

"Guess I am not the only lunatic case in our family, huh?" I looked dead serious at him taking a jab at him.

"Sorry." He raised his hands in surrender. "I was talking to Hagrid about the dragon I told you in the letter and I don't know about Bill." He looked around.

"Fine, let's go" I said clearly annoyed with my brothers. Well, for starters I don't remember any moment where I have not been annoyed by them. They are a bunch of annoying gits. I really wish for a sweet sister but then I won't be a sole queen anymore.

Did I hear Harry Potter? I turn around to see that messy-haired nervous wreck almost whispering to Fred and George who seemed too excited for the poor boy's liking. Wait a minute! Is this Harry Poooterr? Like Harry Potter! The Chosen One? Oh, my poor heart! Merlin, just help me. Okay, Ginny get hold of yourself. You are a decent being, not a stupid fangirl. But I can't keep calm. I scream inside but then Charlie literally pulled me towards another side. What an idiot!

I glare at him. "Okay, enough of fangirling. You are literally looking like a stupid fangirl. So I am saving you from regret and embarrassment." He smirked. I can punch him right now but he is right but I will not accept it. Never.

"Fine whatever and for your kind information, I was not drooling over him. I was just in awe of him. Let's go and see Ron and Mum. It's time after all." He nodded suppressing his laughter. Git.

"Ron, write to us at least twice a week. And yes, stay out of trouble." Mum repeated for what seems countless to me. So much to go to Hogwarts. Percy piped in. "Mom, don't worry. I am the prefect; I won't allow these boys to cause any trouble. After all.. "

"I am the prefect." Fred and George mimicked Percy.

"Fred and George, I want no complaints from any Headmasters this year and no blowing up the toilet." Mom warned them giving them the perfect Molly Weasley's Glare.

"Nice Idea, Mom." Fred and George grinned at each other.

Oh, Sweet Merlin! How much I am going to miss these idiots. I felt my eyes water but before I can rub off my tears, Fred and George noticed it. They have pretty bad timings.

"Now, now dear sister, We will miss you too and stop crying it will tarnish your image." Fred consoled me.

"Freddie, We can send Ginny the toilet seat as a sovereign. What's say?" George grinned as if it is the best idea he has ever got. I couldn't help but laugh at their cuteness. They are literally the best. I hug them tightly not letting them go as if they will slip away from my hands.

"We love you, Gin. Forever." They smiled and boarded the train with their trolleys in hand.