Chapter 4

Days passed by and the day when Ron, Fred, George and Percy would return to Hogwarts came eerily closer. Ron was excited beyond words but he was also nervous.

I was sitting across the pond near the burrow, thinking about the time I would have to spend without my brothers. It was going to be extremely lonely without them. Although they are annoying as hell, they are the only friends I have. Especially Ron, during my childhood, he was one of my brothers with whom I could share almost everything. He would listen to it quietly and if he has to speak anything about it and he would be critically honest. My nightmare, for now, is that maybe he will get better friends and our equation will severely change from that of close-knit siblings to the most unbearable ones. But I can't be that selfish and I would never ever say this to Ron.

I still remember the day when I was first bullied by some pure-blood wizards. They were speaking rubbish about our family to me. Ron being Ron came beside me to confront them. He is brave enough but they knew magic which we don't. But still, he was also the one covering for me, supporting me and protecting me even if he could not protect himself. 

Every brother holds a special place in my heart and I will always be incomplete without them. Be it Fred, George, Charlie, Bill and even Percy.

I am not that emotional one but in these moments you are filled with emotions. Still leaving this behind, I was planning for Ginny-style goodbye. I had to give them a memorable good-bye. I had a perfect plan which will make Fred and George proud of me. Let's just wait for the perfect moment.

I was smiling to myself when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned back and saw Ron. "Hi, Ginny. Planning something?" He inquired. I smiled mischievously. "I am not telling you about it." I said smirking. "Since when did you start hiding things from me? I am your favorite brother. Am I right?" Ron asked looking upset.

"I have a bunch of brothers. I can't have favorites. It's wrong." I said making a puppy face. "Oh, yeah but you are our favorite. Perks of being a single sister." He smiled. "You are nervous about Hogwarts, aren't you?" I asked even when I knew the answer. "Can I lie? I am not." He laughed clearly trying to ease our conversation.

I knew him better than he knows himself and I was not wrong. We had spent the longest time together. When I was in my sense, Bill and Charlie were already out of the house. Percy, Fred and George were in Hogwarts which leaves only Ron. We are as thick as thieves.

"You will be a Gryffindor; I am so sure about it." I smiled at him trying to ease his tension. It is the universal truth that every Weasley will be in Gryffindor. Ron is brave and will be a great friend- all the qualities of a Gryffindor. "Thanks, Ginny but I am not sure if I would be able to be a prodigy in the Weasley family." He said.

"You underestimate yourself a lot. Ease a bit. You have to be on your own for only a year. It will fly by so soon and then, I will be in Hogwarts too. We will together and happy." I said smilingly thinking about all the moments we can spend together. I pat him on his back encouraging him. "Mom will be worrying about us. Shall we go back to burrow?" I gave him my hand to help him to stand back. "Yeah, let's go."

"I have heard Harry Potter is coming to Hogwarts. Is it true?" I asked Ron. 

"I have heard Dad saying that he is returning to Hogwarts but I am not sure." He shrugged. 

"If he is in Hogwarts, will you get me an autograph of him?" I asked clearly fangirling at Harry. I don't care what people think, but he is my hero.

"Yeah if I ever happen to be near him, I will surely get it for you. Chances are rare but I will try." He assured me. 

"You were the one to come with a pre-birthday celebration plan. Am I right?" I asked raising my one brow at him. 

He smiled and said, "You figured it." Together as we returned to burrow, I couldn't stop smiling and wished he remains the same throughout this year.

As I went to my bed I remember I had some plans for tonight. This night I have to plan my exit from the burrow without raising any suspicion.