Chapter 5

Everybody was sound asleep when I made my way slowly and soundlessly towards our storeroom. I hoped not to get caught or else it will be a great scene. I may be grounded for the upcoming many years. But again, I had to take this risk and also, what's a life without some risks. It gives me a sense of freedom. A little risk will not a problem, won't be, right?

As I reached the warehouse, I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn't know if I was even breathing when I was coming down to the warehouse. Mom is very strict when it comes to us breaking rules. Although I hardly want to cross her but I can't stop myself from doing this. I felt like I am addicted. I swiftly opened the cupboard and smiled at it. It can't see me smiling but I want to behave as it can respond to me. It gives me funny feels.

I picked a broom that earlier belonged to Charlie. Fred says he was a great Quidditch player of his time and he even brought Gryffindor a Quidditch Cup in his 3rd year. His broom is in the best condition compared to my other brothers. George wanted to buy a new broom this year but then again Dad asked him to buy it next year. But he promised to buy him it next year, he is hoping for a promotion.

Holding my broom close to me, I walked out of the warehouse. It was way too dark outside but thanks to Dad, I knew a few of his tricks like where he puts his magical lantern which can brighten the place a little to carry on efficiently with your work. He has a few muggles thingies which he had turned magical through some charms. I picked the lantern in my other hand and looked at the sky once to check if the weather is favorable. Even if it not that favorable, it can't stop me to ride my broom. I get rare chances to fly and I was in no mood to waste my chances over weather.

I slowly sat on my broom and softly kicked the ground. In no seconds, I was flying high to my spot. I call it my spot because it is secretive which I encountered when I first rode a broom. Charlie's broom is not that good but it is in working condition. After all, beggars can't be choosers. I landed at my spot and set my lantern on the ground.

Again, I rode my broom and set for the sky. With the soft breeze of air, my hair were an extreme mess. In summer, this moment is heavenly. I have been sneaking out of my house for quite a long time. The very first experience was a worthy experience. Since childhood, I have seen Charlie, Fred and George riding the broom in almost ease. But my first time was a hilarious experience which did not seem that hilarious at that particular moment. I was almost in tears which is a rare feat. When I tried to kick the ground, I ended up kicking the broom and I had a great taste of the ground. After a struggle of sweat, I was finally in the air and the end was drastic. I did not know how to land softly or land anyhow. You can imagine my horror. I was scared as hell. My sole wish was to land on the ground without any bruises or broken bones; in a single piece. I even had imagined the scolding I would have received from Mom. It gave me shivers in my spine and still gives.

It is one of my favorite experiences although it surely gave me tears and sweat but still I can have fun while remembering it. I landed on the ground perfectly after a good struggle. All you got to do is bend a little where you have to land and voila! I still have tears in my eyes but the only difference is that on the first experience I had cried because I was frightened but today it's all in a good spirit.

I stayed in the sky for approximately another 1 hour, then I decided to return back to burrow before anyone is awake to catch me red-handed. I quickly made my way back to the warehouse and then kept the broom in its place. When I entered the house, I cleaned my sandals and made my way towards my room. Much to my horror, somebody has indeed caught me red-handed.

Bill was sitting near the door of my bedroom. I gulped as I looked at his stoned-expression. I had never seen Bill like this. He is always cool-headed and laughing but today, he could actually put Mom's expression to shame. He motioned me to step inside the bedroom. I knew by then, I was dead. You people are welcome at my funeral, address: Burrow near Ottery St Catchpole in Devon, England.

"What the hell were you doing staying out at this hour?" He said with a forced calm and I know that he was anything but calm. I also knew I couldn't lie to him. I can lie to anyone but this man here has been not only my eldest brother but he has been another father to me. Truth was the only way to stay away from his wrath. "I was out riding the broom" I spoke without taking a break in between. 

"Ginny, I couldn't understand any word." He said emphasizing every single word. This was enough to put me off-guard. "I was out riding the broom near the pond" I said softly.

"Do you understand that it is dangerous for you to roam around at this hour that too far away home? I expected better from you, Ginevra." First of all, this place is not too far away from the home but I will rather not speak it in front of him. It might push him further and he may go full-on mad on me which is the last thing I had on my to-do list. Next, I hate this name Ginevra but the use of my full name showed he was pissed beyond anything. So no more discussion on this thing. I will use the only way which would drive me away from the wave of wrath; the innocent Ginny way.

"Bill, I am really sorry but you guys do not let me play Quidditch along with you. I also wanted to play it with you guys." I said while making puppy eyes and there, gotcha brother! "Ginny, you need to understand this, your sneaking could've caused so many dangerous scenarios and imagine Mom catching you and this will surely not end up good for you. I care for you baby sis." He said while extending his arms towards me. I basically crawled towards him and hugged him tightly. I wish I could've remained in his arms forever. He patted me on my back and softly stroked my hair. I was tired and I fell asleep soon after this.

I remember nothing after this. But the tension of seeing him tomorrow rose higher. For the very first time, I had seen disappointment in his eyes because of me.