Chapter 23

It was morning and I felt fresh as a newly bloomed flower. It's a New Year and I am already feeling so good about this year. It's the year for Ginny Weasley to shine! Also, the day of my brother's return is coming closer and I am excited. Yeah, I know it's still a few months but a girl can be happy, and I am.

The reason for my happiness can also be visiting one of my favourite people. Today's the day when we are visiting Aunt Mary, she's the sweetest, and not to mention that she is the coolest aunt. I am not a very socially active person but I was counting days before I can finally meet Aunt. So, you can estimate my adoration of her. The best part of meeting her is also her daughter who is my age and we are super close. We have been exchanging letters since we got the news that Alizeh is in England. That peace to officially have someone close to you being in England is just a chef's kiss.

"Mum, when are we leaving for Aunt Mary?" I asked, picking my breakfast.

"Soon and please behave, Ginny. Last time, you and Alizeh were super close to set Burrow on fire." She rolled her eyes and I guiltily smiled.

I and Alizeh decided to bake some brownies the previous year. Nothing ended up well that day; a story for our parents to laugh and warn us about. The brownies were horrible in taste and we were close to burning my house up if Uncle Sam didn't turn up at the last moment. Imagine if we had set it on fire, I would probably have been disowned. I shuddered and left for my room to get ready.

We were met with three absolutely happy faces and I jumped on Alizeh. "Oh, how I missed you Aly" She hugged back and kissed me on the cheek.

"Not like we skipped any weeks without passing letters around but tell me everything about Romania."

"You both need to slow down." Aunt Mary laughed after greeting my parents. "Let's welcome them in, Aly. You don't want to discuss about Romania, standing in the scorching heat at the door."

Alizeh has always been too quick in her ways and I am definitely not in for it. She forced me by my hand and dragged me to her room; a complete contrast to my ill-fitted wooden interior, Aly's room screams both perfection and money. Aunt Mary and Uncle Sam are both Aurors and have no shortage of money. But they don't let either fame or money corrupt them and that I believe is the most beautiful thing about them. They are always the same heartwarming people who will always stand by the gate with the same welcoming smile to welcome us every time.

"Why don't you take a break, Aly?" I panted, too tired but her spontaneous actions. You can't blame me after climbing up the never-ending staircase with the speed of flash.

"Oh, G! You need to keep up with me either I will take you to my summer camp for this year." She wickedly smiled. Uncle Sam wanted Alizeh to grow up with muggles, learning their ways and summer camp is another way of his to socialize with them. I let myself fall on her comfortable and soft bed and sighed. She also mimicked me and looked at me with her signature Alizeh puppy eyes.

"You know they don't work on me? Don't you?" I smiled at her.

"You are such a mood spoiler. Come on, tell me all about Romania. Please."

"It was a pretty boring trip." I said, wanting to add about her annually foreign trips but thought of saying against it. She had probably visited Romania before but wanted me to tell her about my experience. Told you, she is the sweetest.

"Oh, stop it. I know you had fun, it was evident in your letters. Now will you speak or shall I make you speak with my own ways."

"Your ways are pretty harmless but if you are pestering me about it so it started with me accompanying Charlie to his workplace."