Official Business Pt. 2

Artemis p.o.v:

Perseus and I were on our way to meet the latest victim of Apollo and Hermes' playboy behavior. Perseus wanted us to blend in as much as possible, so I had to get rid of my trusty Nike hunting gear and change into something more casual. Some light blue jeans and a somewhat oversized hoodie, which I stole from Perseus, was it necessary? No. But I liked the hoodie.

Perseus also changed to something more casual, he was wearing black jeans and a grey sweater.

The girl lived and studied in California. To get there as soon as possible Perseus flashed us there. Actually, he made sure we ended up in front of a car rental company.

5 minutes later Perseus and I were seated in a new Bentley. I never rented a car before, there was just no reason for it. I could travel across the world in a matter of seconds.

"I know what you're thinking." Perseus' voice brought me back to reality.

"Oh? Developing mind reading powers now, are we?" I said sarcastically.

"Perhaps. But I rented the car because it's a normal thing to do. We don't have to be gods all the time. It's nice to live like a human sometimes." He explained.

"Well, a Honda would've been fine too." I joked.

"Yeah, that's true. I just like to drive nice cars. Sue me." He smiled.

"Don't tempt me."

"I wouldn't dare."

We drove the rest of the way, some 10 minutes, in silence. It was around 3 pm by the time we found the girl's house.

Perseus parked the car and we got out. He looked at me as I got out of car and smiled. It was one of those half smiles.

"You got your story straight?" He asked.

"Nope, just gonna wing it."

"Don't embarrass us." He rolled his eyes.

"Let's just get this over with." I turned around and walked up to the house. Perseus quickly joined me.

1 ring and 2 knocks later, the door opened. The girl was short, she looked barely 20. Her hair was blonde, in traditional California fashion and she wore it in a messy bun. She was wearing loose sweatpants and a pink tank top. Of course she was a stunning woman, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten the attention of those two morons.

"Hi, can I help you with something?" She said with a smile.

"Hi, I'm here on behalf of my brother and my nephew." I answered. "My name is Artemis."

"I'm Percy." Perseus chimed in.

"Hello, my name is Giselle." She put her hand out and Perseus shook it.

"So, your brother? And cousin? Who might they be?" Giselle asked.

"Well, they're both handsome young men with blonde hair and overly muscled bodies. Ring any bells?"

"Oh. Is this about Henry and Apollo?" She asked.

Perseus and I looked at each other at the same time. He couldn't help but crack a smile. Apollo hadn't even bothered to change his name.

"Yeah that would be them. I'll be honest, I'm here with some bad news." I confessed.

"They died?" She covered her mouth with her hand.

"No, no, no. They are fine. It's just about their relationship with you."

"What about it?" She relaxed a little.

"Well, it would be wise to never see neither of them again. They aren't good guys." I said.

"Oh, I know that. But who wants good guys." She laughed.

Percy laughed along, "smart women want good guys." He winked.

"Is that so? Are you one of these good guys?"

"Hahaha, me? No, I'm the worst." He laughed.

"Well why should I steer clear of them?" She asked me.

"Because they will both leave you, it doesn't matter which one you choose. They lose interest and will leave you, no explanation or anything. One day you'll wake up and never hear from them again." I explained. "And they aren't very loyal. Trust me, I grew up with those morons, they are both probably with another girl right now."

"Why should I believe anything you say?" She asked with her eyes filling up with tears.

"Cause I didn't have to come over here and tell you any of this. But we chose to do it as we both know how much they mess up some girls' lives." I told her truthfully.

"It's better to face it now and move on, instead of getting too attached and suddenly being left with no answers." Perseus spoke up.

As we were speaking a car approached behind us. Perseus and I turned around, it was a dark red Audi with gold wheels. It could only be Hermes.

"Hello there!" He said cheerfully as he got out of his car.

"Ugh, not this idiot." I groaned.

"Hello Henry!" Perseus said as he walked over to him quickly.

He reached him halfway to the house. Just out of human hearing distance, but I was not just a human.

"You will walk up to Giselle and you will tel her that you're sorry for wasting her time and you'll leave right after that. Understood?" Perseus spoke softly to Hermes.

"What? Why? So that Apollo gets her?" Hermes replied.

"Nobody gets her. That's all I'm telling you. You wanna try you luck with me? I'm not in the mood for your human affairs. I'm fixing it and you will do as I say or I will kick you so hard that you'll break your car in half."

Hermes looked behind him at his car. "Jeez, fine. But I really liked her."

"Hi Giselle. We need to talk." Hermes said as he walked past Perseus.

Perseus turned around and nodded for me to come his way.

"You think he can handle it from here?" I asked as I approached Perseus.

"He better." He said as he walked away.

"So, any other business you got?" I followed him.

"Yeah, quite a bit actually, but noting important." Perseus answered.

"Well, I can help you if you want." I said.

"Thanks." He said as he unlocked the Bentley.

‐--‐-----------------------------------

Is this an update? Sure is. Sorry for the long wait! I can't believe I've let you guys wait for almost a year.

This chapter wasn't much in the way of the story development, but that'll follow soon. I'm gonna spend more time on wattpad.

Thanks for sticking by me and my story. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And I promise to not let you guys wait so long for updates.

Love yall!