to the Death?

Artemis p.o.v:

There stood 6 of those monstrous beings. I was surely going to die, the first monster had already worn me out.

If I had to die, I would at least die with some dignity. So I charged at the closest monster. As I jumped a few feet I held my knives in front of me. The monster didn't move.

Suddenly something grabbed my leg. I was hanging upside down. I managed to see what was holding me. And it wasn't good.

The monster that had been the furthest away from me was now holding my leg. It had moved 30 feet in less than 2 seconds. I quickly slashed at its wrist, I fell on my back and rolled to the side. A massive fist hit the ground where I had been less than a second ago.

I quickly jumped to my feet, the chance of the fight ending with me as the winner was impossibly small, slowly the beasts advanced on me.

I stepped back, but suddenly a bright white streak appeared in front of me. Suddenly one of the monster was behind me. It reminded me of Hermes.

The messenger god was the fastest being alive, he used to turn into a white streak when he was in a hurry. But he wasn't here to help me, I was alone and surrounded.

A fist hit me on my back, I flew forward right into the hands of another wolf-hybrid. I felt the next punch before I had seen anything move.

I lay on the ground, the monsters were slowly advancing on me. For the first time in my immortal life I didn't know what to do. I was going to die, but the worst part was that I didn't care. I had given up, I had embraced the fact that my life was over.

The biggest wolf stood over me, he snorted as if to say 'Is this all you can take? I wouldn't mind punching you around for eternity!'

The monster howled and laced it's hands above it's head, it's fists came down blindingly fast. But I felt nothing, I slowly opened my eyes. Everything was standing still, the time had stopped. Suddenly, I heard two people arguing behind me, I rolled from under the monster's clenched fists.

What I saw was incredible, right in front of me was standing, in his full glory, the one and only Thanatos. But that was not the incredible part.

Perseus hand was gripped firmly around the god of death's neck, the god of death was lifted from the ground. There was a sea green and white light around Percy.

Thanatos face wasn't visible, because he was wearing a pure black cloak. In his right hand he held a scythe, which was pure black too.

"You will not take her life!" Percy bellowed.

"I am merely doing my job, don't be foolish young man!" Thanatos' voice echoed.

I vaguely remembered the story of Hercules, how he wrestled with Thanatos for the life of Alcestis. Was that what Percy was aiming for? Hercules was the strongest demigod to ever live. Had Percy gone crazy? It wasn't the first time that I asked myself that question, and every time I did the answer seemed to lean towards 'yes' more.

Thanatos struck Percy in his chest with the palm of his hand. Percy flew through the air, he did a few back flips and landed on his feet. The aura around Percy was blinding. He charged at Thanatos empty handed, Thanatos smirked and the scythe dissolved.

Percy fainted a left hook, Thanatos saw it coming and stepped closer to Percy, so the intended right hook had no effect because Thanatos was too close. He grabbed Percy from the back of his neck and kneed him. Percy was able to break loose, this time his punches landed.

Percy came at Thanatos with a quick combo, left, left and a right uppercut. Thanatos' feet were lifted off the ground as Percy's fist made contact with the god of death's face. Thanatos fell on his back, he quickly recovered and stood up.

"Do you realize what you are doing? YOU WANT TO FIGHT DEATH?" Thanatos bellowed.

Percy snorted, he slowly walked over to where Thanatos was standing. "Clearly, yes!" Percy said as he chuckled. But this time Thanatos wasn't playing, he had seen how strong Percy was so he wasn't going to take any risks.

"THAN SO BE IT!" Thanatos yelled as he grabbed Percy's shoulders.

The red sand started to tremble, Thanatos was unleashing his full power on Percy. Pure black smoke danced around the two, but Percy's aura was growing too. As soon as the smoke touched the sea green/white light it slowly vanished.

They were now standing in a deep crater, red sand was swirling around them. Thanatos had created a small tornado of red sand and pure black energy. I wasn't able to see anyone. He had clearly overpowered Percy. Suddenly, everything went silent.

Thanatos was still standing, but barely, Percy had been forced onto his knees. He fell forward, his body looked lifeless. I tried to move but I was unable, as if I was standing in quicksand.

"You didn't come for me when I begged for DEATH!" Percy said as he slowly stood up.

"How are you still alive?" Thanatos asked, sounding afraid.

"YOU CAN'T KILL ME NOW!" Percy said ignoring the question asked by Thanatos, "ARE YOU GOOD FOR ANYTHING?"

"This is impossible......" Thanatos said, I couldn't see his lips but they must've been trembling.

Thanatos walked backwards, until he stumbled. He was about to hit the ground, but then he vanished. He was gone, as if he wasn't even here. Well, apart from the massive crater in the desert.

"Coward..." Percy softly said.

I looked at him, then realized that I had been fighting monsters, but when I turned around there was nothing. I turned to face Percy, who was now slowly making his way over to me. He had just fought the god of death for me.

"I... I don't know what to say." I said as tears started welling up in my eyes.

"You don't have to say anything." Percy said as he smiled at me.

I didn't know what came over me, I started sobbing. I hugged Percy tightly, he was reluctant at first, but he hugged me back softly. I cried into his chest for what felt like years.

Sorry for the very very late update....... BUT I hope you'll enjoy it.

VOTE

FOLLOW

AND PLEASE LEAVE YOUR OPINIONS ON THE STORY SO FAR IN THE COMMENTS.

Oh.. HAPPY NEW YEAR :D